Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The goal of the Intelligent Design movement is the dismantling of modern science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    We all fail at that
    Sad but true. I'd like to think that my past failings have given me a bit of humility, though. And the wisdom to try to avoid making my future failings on a public discussion board...

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    I guess i just naively expect people to live up to the standards of the beliefs that they proclaim to be motivated by.
    We all fail at that

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Why is anyone surprised?
    I guess i just naively expect people to live up to the standards of the beliefs that they proclaim to be motivated by.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Why is anyone surprised? Even his hoped for distraction regarding ancient cities sort of blew up in his face on him.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, I think we've about exhausted this subject. So I'll sign off...

Blessings,
    Lee
    The usual response when you cannot respond to the subject and the science of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Wow, you really are quite the troll, aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied

Blessings,
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    But next to the label "Ancient Ruins of Babylon" is a label "Babylon", on what look like city ruins.
    And the point of that?

I've presented clear evidence that people are living within the area that was once enclosed by Babylon's walls. You seem to be waving your hands around and hoping to distract people.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I point out again Dembski's book "The Design Inference", and Behe's next book, as I have heard, will be along these lines.
    Talking about the need for it in an abstract manner hardly counts and they've been promising something on this for 30 years now and are still standing at the starting line.

But he does show his work, how he made his estimates.
    Relying on unsupported assumptions and cherry picking data, to be generous.

But I think they are at the "Retrospective Research" step.

Blessings,
    Lee
    Which would still be rather pathetic. But even there at best a couple have dipped their toe in the water and quickly pulled back.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Yes, we've strayed quite a way from the thread topic, if that's what you mean. That's kind of typical for long threads...

Blessings,
    Lee
    Actually no. I would like to stay on the topic and wait for you to address the original issues of the thread which you failed to do.

In favt in the early posts you advocated compromising the integrity of Methodological Naturalism to include subjective theological questions that cannot be addressed in science. Your shifting the the discussions to theological issues has been your problem.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-02-2021, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Topic of the thread?
    Yes, we've strayed quite a way from the thread topic, if that's what you mean. That's kind of typical for long threads...

Blessings,
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
    Yes, Google has a label for the general area, which you'll see if you search for it, or have things zoomed out far enough that you don't see details. But if you zoom in, you'll see details like specific features in the ruins, including things labeled Tower of Babel, Ancient Walls, and Ishtar Gate.
    But next to the label "Ancient Ruins of Babylon" is a label "Babylon", on what look like city ruins.

Blessings,
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• lee_merrill
    replied
    “The miracle of life is enough for me to believe in miracles.” ~ Anthony Douglas Williams

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    Oops, I should have said "search Google Earth for 'Ancient Ruins of Babylon'"...
    Yes, Google has a label for the general area, which you'll see if you search for it, or have things zoomed out far enough that you don't see details. But if you zoom in, you'll see details like specific features in the ruins, including things labeled Tower of Babel, Ancient Walls, and Ishtar Gate.

I can't believe that, in addition to explaining biology to you, i also have to explain how to use Google Maps.

Leave a comment:

• TheLurch
    replied
    God sometimes works in hidden ways, and sometimes works directly, is my view.
    And my view is that you seem to interpret which happened when based on whatever is convenient for your current argument, rather than any firmly held underlying principles.

Leave a comment: