Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The goal of the Intelligent Design movement is the dismantling of modern science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Topic of the thread?
    Yes, we've strayed quite a way from the thread topic, if that's what you mean. That's kind of typical for long threads...

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
      Yes, we've strayed quite a way from the thread topic, if that's what you mean. That's kind of typical for long threads...

Blessings,
      Lee
      Actually no. I would like to stay on the topic and wait for you to address the original issues of the thread which you failed to do.

In favt in the early posts you advocated compromising the integrity of Methodological Naturalism to include subjective theological questions that cannot be addressed in science. Your shifting the the discussions to theological issues has been your problem.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-02-2021, 03:48 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I point out again Dembski's book "The Design Inference", and Behe's next book, as I have heard, will be along these lines.
        Talking about the need for it in an abstract manner hardly counts and they've been promising something on this for 30 years now and are still standing at the starting line.

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        But he does show his work, how he made his estimates.
        Relying on unsupported assumptions and cherry picking data, to be generous.

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        But I think they are at the "Retrospective Research" step.

Blessings,
        Lee
        Which would still be rather pathetic. But even there at best a couple have dipped their toe in the water and quickly pulled back.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But next to the label "Ancient Ruins of Babylon" is a label "Babylon", on what look like city ruins.
          And the point of that?

I've presented clear evidence that people are living within the area that was once enclosed by Babylon's walls. You seem to be waving your hands around and hoping to distract people.
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Well, I think we've about exhausted this subject. So I'll sign off...

Blessings,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Well, I think we've about exhausted this subject. So I'll sign off...
              Wow, you really are quite the troll, aren't you?

Comment

Well, I think we've about exhausted this subject. So I'll sign off...

Blessings,
                Lee
                The usual response when you cannot respond to the subject and the science of the thread.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Why is anyone surprised? Even his hoped for distraction regarding ancient cities sort of blew up in his face on him.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Why is anyone surprised?
                    I guess i just naively expect people to live up to the standards of the beliefs that they proclaim to be motivated by.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                      I guess i just naively expect people to live up to the standards of the beliefs that they proclaim to be motivated by.
                      We all fail at that

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        We all fail at that
                        Sad but true. I'd like to think that my past failings have given me a bit of humility, though. And the wisdom to try to avoid making my future failings on a public discussion board...

Comment