Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The goal of the Intelligent Design movement is the dismantling of modern science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, the river in the satellite image has a bend that the diagram does not have. I think maybe your satellite image is off. And again, if it's been designated a world heritage site, I doubt that they would be building a home improvement store there.
    Again, you can't be bothered to do the work of looking for yourself and supporting your own argument. You just say whatever you can to support yours without caring whether what you say is true, and force everyone else here to fact check you.

Pathetic behavior.

In any case, if you go into the map and zoom around, you can find that the northern portion of the image is labelled with palaces and the Ishtar gate, which corresponds to the northern part of the wall. And the southern wall is labelled, so we do have the full north-south enclosed area in this map. Again, if you'd bothered to do your own research, you'd find that the thing labelled "Tower of Babel" is actually the temple of Marduk, which is more or less centered in the upper map.

From that, you can deduce that the river has shifted course.

You can then use the upper map to confirm that the walls stretched west from the temple of Marduk about the same distance as the full distance between the north and south walls. Given that, you can then confirm that the settled area on the west bank that contains a pharmacy and home improvement store are within what used to be the city walls.

Just as i said.
    Last edited by TheLurch; 05-01-2021, 01:01 PM.
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Perhaps you should see if it was there before the site received that designation in 1983.
      Just want to make sure you note that, after spending pages arguing with you about whether God can enact His will via natural processes, Lee leapt all over the prospect that God might be enacting His will via zoning and preservation laws once it became convenient for Lee's argument.

What conclusions can we draw about Lee's convictions from this?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        In any case, if you go into the map and zoom around, you can find that the northern portion of the image is labelled with palaces and the Ishtar gate, which corresponds to the northern part of the wall. And the southern wall is labelled, so we do have the full north-south enclosed area in this map. Again, if you'd bothered to do your own research, you'd find that the thing labelled "Tower of Babel" is actually the temple of Marduk, which is more or less centered in the upper map.
        Actually, you can find an area labelled "Babylon" in Google maps, next to "Ancient Ruins of Babylon", which appears to be a museum. It does not include the "Tower of Babel", nor does it include modern buildings.

Blessings,
        Lee

"What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Just want to make sure you note that, after spending pages arguing with you about whether God can enact His will via natural processes, Lee leapt all over the prospect that God might be enacting His will via zoning and preservation laws once it became convenient for Lee's argument.

God sometimes works in hidden ways, and sometimes works directly, is my view.

Blessings,
          Lee
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

You are not the first person to have noticed that Lee's, um, "methodology" lacks any consistence

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually, you can find an area labelled "Babylon" in Google maps, next to "Ancient Ruins of Babylon", which appears to be a museum. It does not include the "Tower of Babel", nor does it include modern buildings.
              I have no idea what you're saying other than Google's labels aren't always exact, and depend upon your level of zoom.

Everything i said here can be confirmed. Unless you can find something that clearly contradicts it, you're wrong.

Comment

I have no idea what you're saying other than Google's labels aren't always exact, and depend upon your level of zoom.

Everything i said here can be confirmed. Unless you can find something that clearly contradicts it, you're wrong.
                Well, Google for "Ancient Ruins of Babylon" and you'll see what I mean.

Blessings,
                Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Perhaps you should see if it was there before the site received that designation in 1983.
                  My bad. That was when the site was first considered for being placed on the World Heritage list. It wasn't until 2019 until it received the designation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Blessings,
                    Lee
                    Topic of the thread?
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Oops, I should have said "search Google Earth for 'Ancient Ruins of Babylon'"...

Blessings,
                      Lee

Comment

Oops, I should have said "search Google Earth for 'Ancient Ruins of Babylon'"...

Blessings,
                        Lee
                        Topic of the thread?
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

God sometimes works in hidden ways, and sometimes works directly, is my view.
                          And my view is that you seem to interpret which happened when based on whatever is convenient for your current argument, rather than any firmly held underlying principles.

Comment

Yes, Google has a label for the general area, which you'll see if you search for it, or have things zoomed out far enough that you don't see details. But if you zoom in, you'll see details like specific features in the ruins, including things labeled Tower of Babel, Ancient Walls, and Ishtar Gate.

I can't believe that, in addition to explaining biology to you, i also have to explain how to use Google Maps.

Comment

• “The miracle of life is enough for me to believe in miracles.” ~ Anthony Douglas Williams

Comment

Yes, Google has a label for the general area, which you'll see if you search for it, or have things zoomed out far enough that you don't see details. But if you zoom in, you'll see details like specific features in the ruins, including things labeled Tower of Babel, Ancient Walls, and Ishtar Gate.
                                But next to the label "Ancient Ruins of Babylon" is a label "Babylon", on what look like city ruins.

Blessings,
                                Lee

Comment