Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Library of Babel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I loved the one where he tells Corporal LeBeau --- "sometimes I even forget WHOSE side I am fighting for".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I thought this was about the library IN Babel, and wanted to ask in what language are the books.

I'm incredibly disappointed.

Nobody is quite sure of aferjwo fciooi eiojl fsxcioj
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Nobody is quite sure of aferjwo fciooi eiojl fsxcioj
        You go get a bar of soap right now, young man, and wash your mouth out!!! Mossy will be along shortly to check up on you.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Someone say my name?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Someone say my name?
            With the GREATEST reverence and respect!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You go get a bar of soap right now, young man, and wash your mouth out!!! Mossy will be along shortly to check up on you.
              I wasn't gonna say anything because I've been guilty of letting a few naughty words slip out now and then, but that... Does his mama know about that mouth of his?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I wasn't gonna say anything because I've been guilty of letting a few naughty words slip out now and then, but that... Does his mama know about that mouth of his?
                A friend of mine would say "Do you kiss yo momma with that same mouth!"

Comment

I must say, I nearly got the vapors when I saw KG spew for that ... that... I can't even repeat what he said, but... I need to go lie down.

Comment

Here is a youtube video about the library of babel, explaining it a bit. warning there is a bad word in it.

And this video explains how it works.

https://youtu.be/GDrBIKOR01c?t=1028
                    Last edited by Sparko; 02-19-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Natural Science? Maybe ah . . . unnatural math?
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        And this video explains how it works.

https://youtu.be/GDrBIKOR01c?t=1028
                        That's really helpful. Clever and amusing stuff.
                        "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

I was thinking, a website like this would be a great way for spies to communicate with each other. All they would need is the hex address and the location in the library of the page and they could go there and read any 32K message, or find any image, without actually transmitting any clear information to the other person.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Natural Science? Maybe ah . . . unnatural math?
                            Math is a science. I don't think we have any forums dedicated to mathematics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I was thinking, a website like this would be a great way for spies to communicate with each other. All they would need is the hex address and the location in the library of the page and they could go there and read any 32K message, or find any image, without actually transmitting any clear information to the other person.
                              Couldn't they do virtually the same thing with any website people post on without bothering to go to the LoB?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Couldn't they do virtually the same thing with any website people post on without bothering to go to the LoB?
                                But then they would be posting in the clear. I am talking about say, just emailing a string of garbage to someone and they using that to decrypt the message on say a copy of the library of babel on the dark web. Anyone intercepting the email would just get a load of garbage, they would need to know the location of the "library" on the dark web, and also the "wall, shelf and volume number" in order to decrypt it. I guess they could just just use an app like whatsapp that encrypts both ends, but this would be an extra layer of sneakiness.

Comment