Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Fossil discovery helps bridge gap between Ediacaran animals & those from the Cambrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    What, 47 mostly-selectable mutations six times?! I don't think anybody has that documented.
    Again, nobody is saying that evolving new protein-protein interactions requires all these mutations. Nobody.

Not. One. Person.

I've said that about a half dozen times. What does it take to get you to actually register it?
    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      Again, nobody is saying that evolving new protein-protein interactions requires all these mutations. Nobody.

Not. One. Person.

I've said that about a half dozen times. What does it take to get you to actually register it?
      It's like repeatedly explaining to him that judges typically cite heavily from the arguments made from the side that they decide are correct. It is S.O.P. It doesn't mean that they don't understand the case. But he continues on making the same discredited claim again and again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
        Well, you haven't answered my objection, then, with your scenario. I'm saying that these random sequences were an average of 47 mutations away from any given sequence of 50 residues, and evolution would need to traverse such a path to generate these new sequences, on average.

Blessings,
        Lee
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

• Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
          Well, you haven't answered my objection, then, with your scenario.
          You are objecting to something i haven't said. Therefore, there is no answer to it.
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment