Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Flat Earthism woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously the Flat Earth concept is full of too many holes. I mean if the earth was really flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge ages ago.

In light of this I think it is high time for us to adapt the Flat Earth concept into something better, hence...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
      Doesn't look like the right shape for a rolling pin anyway.
      When she throws it, it flies like a missile and leaves a round hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

When she throws it, it flies like a missile and leaves a round hole.

The handle went in first. That's why the hole is smaller at the bottom.

Did I say that out loud?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
          Was the geocentrist we had here a while back a flat earther as well?
          No, John Martin isn't a flat earther.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

No, John Martin isn't a flat earther.
            In one of his threads he indicated that at the least he was sympathetic to the idea.

If our search function wasn't so thoroughly fouled up I'd look it up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              In one of his threads he indicated that at the least he was sympathetic to the idea.

If our search function wasn't so thoroughly fouled up I'd look it up.
              Sparky thinks he fixed it. Did you try it again?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Sparky thinks he fixed it. Did you try it again?
                Yup. Same result.

Comment

Yup. Same result.

Comment

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Not that he was entirely unconvincing.

JohnMartin was right

Comment

Yup. Same result.
                      There's always Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                        Thanks. I've been having trouble with Google looking up stuff here as well. Having much better results using Bing and duckduckgo

Comment

search.jpg
                          Yup. Same result.

Comment

From another thread today:

FWICT most of the stuff I've had trouble with was fairly recent.

When you said that you had worked on it I put the word "hamburger" in the search[1] and found several mentions of it but not any of those that I was looking for (IIRC, I found it using Bing).

Moreover, when I search for "Hodgkinson," which was the name of the shooter at the Congressional softball practice a few years back, so I could find posts I made mentioning examples of liberal violence since I was going to start a thread expanding upon previous posts, guess what I found.

Nada.

I think that was the one I spent nearly two hours hunting before catching a mention.

And even though I posted the OP two weeks ago, when I checked our search for "Hodgkinson" a few minutes ago, this is what I still get:

The thing is broke.

1 I use it to find posts of mine on how many of Trump's "lies" are obvious hyperbole and the like since WaPo 'fact checked' him on a claim of having so many hamburgers that if stacked would be a mile high.

They found the claim to be false

Comment

Well if the earth is flat, it is because some giant cat sat on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It must be a bookend to the Bigfoot and Faeries websites.

A person has to be extremely susceptible to conspiracies to go in for the flat-earth stuff.
                                This individual is. He believes round earth images taken by NASA are photoshopped. He also believes that the Round Earth is part of some occult conspiracy. He guy is really messed up in the head.

Comment