Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Another model of our universe from inside a black hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another model of our universe from inside a black hole.

A new model and theory, not turtles all the way, but black holes all the way down.

Originally posted by http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/our-entire-universe-might-exist-inside-a-massive-black-hole-say

Our entire universe might exist inside a massive black hole, say physicists

Are we living inside a black hole? A few scientists think it's the best theory to explain pre-Big Bang reality.

This radical theory would imply that our universe is just one of many. It would suggest that our universe is ultimately contained within a much larger universe — a mother universe, if you will — which harbors the black hole we're currently living in. It's a wild theory, but it's one that is slowly but surely garnering consideration from physicists.

One such physicist is Dr. Nikodem Poplawski of the University of New Haven in Connecticut. He argues that singularities, like the ones that exist at the centers of black holes, have a physical limit, a point where they can be crunched no further. Such a point would have to be massive, perhaps the weight of a billion suns or more. But once that limit is reached, the immense compacting processes at the heart of all singularities must halt.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    A new model and theory, not turtles all the way, but black holes all the way down.
    Well, that would mean every direction we look in our known universe is looking at its center. Our looking out is really looking in. We are inside the event horizon. And that may also be what is being called dark energy, where our local universe appears to be expanding faster than in its past. As we look out into our universe we are looking into its past. Might it be we are not looking at its birth, but its end, its collapse. The local faster "expansion" is really do to the acceleration of an on going collapse.

[As a Christian, pre-millennialist, when Christ returns the universe will be on its last 1000 years.]
    [LOL, I also do not believe there are black holes, escape velocity being Ve = sqr(2GM/r + (GM/(rc))^2)/(1 + GM/(rc^2), not Ve = sqr(2GM/r). Escape velocity is a matter of energy required to escape, not the velocity.]
    Last edited by 37818; 02-26-2014, 11:02 PM.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Another model of interest that considers the universe infinite. Hypothetical relationship with this model and the above if you pair this one with the Black Hole universe and you may get a two funnels connected at the neck. A huge black hole feeding the universe.

Originally posted by http://www.nanowerk.com/news2/space/newsid=34525.php

Did the universe begin with a hot Big Bang or did it slowly thaw from an extremely cold and almost static state? Prof. Dr. Christof Wetterich, a physicist at Heidelberg University, has developed a theoretical model that complements the nearly 100-year-old conventional model of cosmic expansion. According to Wetterich’s theory, the Big Bang did not occur 13.8 billion years ago – instead, the birth of the universe stretches into the infinite past. This view holds that the masses of all particles constantly increase. The scientist explains that instead of expanding, the universe is shrinking over extended periods of time.
      Cosmologists usually call the birth of the universe the Big Bang. The closer we approach the Big Bang in time, the stronger the geometry of space and time curves. Physicists call this a singularity – a term describing conditions whose physical laws are not defined. In the Big Bang scenario, the spacetime curvature becomes infinitely large. Shortly after the Big Bang, the universe was extremely hot and dense. Prof. Wetterich believes, however, that a different “picture” is also possible. If the masses of all elementary particles grow heavier over time and gravitational force weakens, the universe could have also had a very cold, slow start. In that view, the universe always existed and its earliest state was virtually static, with the Big Bang stretching over an infinitely long time in the past. The scientist from the Institute for Theoretical Physics assumes that the earliest “events” that are indirectly observable today came to pass 50 trillion years ago, and not in the billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a second after the Big Bang. “There is no longer a singularity in this new picture of the cosmos,” says Prof. Wetterich.
      His theoretical model explains dark energy and the early “inflationary universe” with a single scalar field that changes with time, with all masses increasing with the value of this field. “It’s reminiscent of the Higgs boson recently discovered in Geneva. This elementary particle confirmed the physicists’ assumption that particle masses do indeed depend on field values and are therefore variable,” explains the Heidelberg scientist. In Wetterich’s approach, all masses are proportional to the value of the so-called cosmon field, which increases in the course of cosmological evolution. “The natural conclusion of this model is a picture of a universe that evolved very slowly from an extremely cold state, shrinking over extended periods of time instead of expanding,” explains Prof. Wetterich.

Read more: How did the universe begin: Hot Big Bang or slow thaw? http://www.nanowerk.com/news2/space/...#ixzz2uXm48hFT
      Follow us: @nanowerk on Twitter
      Part of the point of presenting these models is to reflect what Dr. Carroll said in his debate with Craig, and I stated some time ago in the beginning of a previous thread, concerning the nature of cosmological models and theories. The models and theories are evolving and no one at present may be considered correct. They are a work in progress. Clinging to one model or another, or a partial element of one model because it agrees with one's theological world view is not only misrepresenting science, but on the long term it most often fails as the knowledge of science changes and evolves over time.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Considering the difficulty of knowing what goes on inside a singularity, this hypothesis might as well be a rabbit in a hat. By definition, it can't be tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
          Considering the difficulty of knowing what goes on inside a singularity, this hypothesis might as well be a rabbit in a hat. By definition, it can't be tested.
          The rabbit went into the rabbit black hole and came out the hat.

Frank

Comment

The rabbit went into the rabbit black hole and came out the hat.
            As I'm not terribly fond of eating rabbit, I'm unconcerned so long as the rabbit doesn't end up on my plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
              As I'm not terribly fond of eating rabbit, I'm unconcerned so long as the rabbit doesn't end up on my plate.
              Just ask Alice, follow the rabbit, don't eat it.

Frank

Comment