Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

How evolution got started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How evolution got started

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I think I just deconverted.
    So, when is our next BYOB BBQ? (1)

NOTES
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1: Bring Your Own Baby Barbeque
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Hehe ... LOVE it!!!

That theory is every bit as believable as what they force-feed our kids in school.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Hehe ... LOVE it!!!

That theory is every bit as believable as what they force-feed our kids in school.

Jorge
        Hello Jorge,

I thought it a beauty as well, but simply for it's humour. The theory they teach at school is, like all other scientific theories, both evidence based and testable.

I post a lot on Facebook these days and fortunately have found a new friend to keep me happy:-

"You are lost, Roland. Your comments, again for only our LORD knows how many times- because you brag of your supposed atheism which by definition says you don't believe our Savior exists- about Him and His Word and your "comments" are all at the same time dishonest, lacking any semblance of integrity, blasphemous, hypocritical, irrational, meaningless, and worthless to me. When you repent of your sin, and your hatred for, rebellion against, and rejection of The Creator Savior LORD Jesus Christ and trust Him ALONE to forgive you, save you, and give you His eternal Life, His Holy Spirit will then come into and fill you and then you will be able to understand, comprehend, and speak about things pertaining to our Savior and His Word. I will rejoice when that happens. Until then, this will be my discussion with you about things you cannot understand. You are DEAD in your trespasses and sin. Dead men cannot comprehend The Life."

"Roland, you are a blind, lost, parroting, cut-and-pasting, deceiving, and deceived liar. You come on our page as a self-professed "missionary" to spread your faith of Darwinism. You exhibit just how blind you are by crying over the fact you're called the liar you are by coming to an openly, self-avowed, unapologetically young earth Creationist Bible-believing fundamentalist page calling our Savior, His Word and the literal inerrancy and infallibility of it, ICR, and my Brothers and Sisters who loves The LORD Jesus Christ above everything and everybody all LIES. You truly are delusional if you think you can come on here blaspheming, defaming, despising, and hating our Savior, the good godly men at ICR, and my Family in The LORD and not expect any push back from Christians on here when you do that. You won't get away with it from me."

As you can see, our conversations were always very respectful. But gee, this guy is fun.
        Last edited by rwatts; 06-02-2016, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
          Hello Jorge,

I thought it a beauty as well, but simply for it's humour. The theory they teach at school is, like all other scientific theories, both evidence based and testable.

I post a lot on Facebook these days and fortunately have found a new friend to keep me happy:-

"You are lost, Roland. Your comments, again for only our LORD knows how many times- because you brag of your supposed atheism which by definition says you don't believe our Savior exists- about Him and His Word and your "comments" are all at the same time dishonest, lacking any semblance of integrity, blasphemous, hypocritical, irrational, meaningless, and worthless to me. When you repent of your sin, and your hatred for, rebellion against, and rejection of The Creator Savior LORD Jesus Christ and trust Him ALONE to forgive you, save you, and give you His eternal Life, His Holy Spirit will then come into and fill you and then you will be able to understand, comprehend, and speak about things pertaining to our Savior and His Word. I will rejoice when that happens. Until then, this will be my discussion with you about things you cannot understand. You are DEAD in your trespasses and sin. Dead men cannot comprehend The Life."
          That's a good one. Not enough to get me back on facebook, though.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            He's magnificent.

Myself and another fundamentalist were having a respectful conversation a couple of days ago and this fellow chimed in with something like the above, but not directed at me by name. But I replied anyway, pointing out that even for an atheist like me, Paul's words can be both beautiful and inspirational, even if I might disagree with them in some way.

That set this fellow off on another big rant, aimed right at me.

Must have embarrassed them. Next day, it was all deleted. Including the respectful conversation between the lass and myself. Needing to keep up appearances, I guess.

Comment

Facebook is great. A bit hard to use compared to forums like this.

However, it's a good place to meet folk and discuss things like science, including the theory of evolution, as well as show folk that not all evolutionists and not all atheists are nasty, baby eating, granny bashing people. (Something of the converse happens as well. While my view of fundamentalism remains very dim, many of the folk I meet really are decent and caring people. It's always good to have that notion reinforced.)

I have been pleasantly surprised in a few of the forums I've been on, but not surprised at the hostility I've found on other forums. This guy I've quoted is a regular on one of the forums that has surprised me.
              Last edited by rwatts; 06-02-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Facebook has forums?
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Facebook has forums?
                  No.

It's the regular Facebook - relatively hard to use. However, I've been able to engage in some good discussions and arguments, even if many of my posts have been a lot longer than the average.

It would be nicer if it had more tools than it does. However, I've found it quite useful for engaging creationists and showing them something of how science works, what the theory of evolution is actually about, etc.

Comment

The image in question for those who don't facebook:
                    13179273_10154153895443205_6901929154416679613_n.jpg
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment