Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Archaeologists find possible site of Jesus’s trial in Jerusalem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaeologists find possible site of Jesus’s trial in Jerusalem

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z1

For Shimon Gibson, an archaeology professor at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, there is little doubt that the trial occurred somewhere within Herod’s palace compound. In the Gospel of John, the trial is described as taking place near a gate and on a bumpy stone pavement — details that fit with previous archaeological findings near the prison, he said.

“There is, of course, no inscription stating it happened here, but everything — archaeological, historical and gospel accounts — all falls into place and makes sense,” Gibson said.

Pretty neat.

Word to the wise - avoid the comment section.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
      Word to the wise - avoid the comment section.
      No need to worry, Ghostery blocks the comment section for me, and I'm too lazy to unblock it.

Comment

I like reading the comment section
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

The comments section is the best part

mishingk
          Global Civilization rooted in Christianity. So Jerusalem must be under global control. Not Old Testament's adepts - Judaic or Islamic - control. Vatican - welcome.

torb12
          Jerusalem is the capital of the Jews. The fact that Christianity is based on Judaism, doesn't make the country (or the capital) of the Jews a property of the western world.
          Christians are welcome to visit the Jewish state and Jerusalem as visitors.

sod98
          What about Muslim's carrying back packs.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment