Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Here is short proof the Shroud of Turin is a fake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Sparrow View Post
    Ah, then you didn't watch it. If you think there wasn't anything meaningful to add given the course of this thread discussion you're delusional.
    That's uncalled for, CS. Just because you see something to comment on doesn't mean someone else necessarily will. If Rob said he watched it, he watched it - you should be grateful since it is VERY long and only someone like me with an interest is going to put that kind of time in normally.

Now, how about giving us a quick synopsis of what is so danged important from it?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      That's uncalled for, CS. Just because you see something to comment on doesn't mean someone else necessarily will. If Rob said he watched it, he watched it - you should be grateful since it is VERY long and only someone like me with an interest is going to put that kind of time in normally.

Now, how about giving us a quick synopsis of what is so danged important from it?
      I think he missed or misunderstood my use of the serial comma, also known as the Oxford or Harvard comma. In other words, he understood me as supposedly saying that the video did not have anything meaningful to add (despite the fact that I said it was interesting) instead of my saying that I did not have anything meaningful to add (in response to his implicit complaint that on one had commented). One could argue that my comment was technically ambiguous, and that his interpretation of my comment was not impossible from a purely grammatical perspective. From a linguistic perspective, however, it cannot be a meaningful interpretation of my comment given the actual content of his question and my response. Help me, I'm stuck in an exegetical vortex!
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Stop that.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment