Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Joseph's famine confirmed by ice cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph's famine confirmed by ice cores

The famine in Joseph's time has been confirmed by ice cores taken from Mount Kilimanjaro. Also this link discusses Nebuchadnezzar's conquest of Jerusalem being confirmed by finds on Mount Zion.

Source: MSN

Thompson’s team endured all the challenges they did to further understand how the climate has changed. Although that was their main purpose, their research inadvertently provided evidence for a story from the Book of Genesis. ... What they found was evidence for a 500-year drought that started around 8,300 years ago. In a press release, ... That was the first of three droughts, and the third one is where things get interesting. It happened around 4,000 to 3,700 years ago, a time that coincides with the story of Joseph as told in the Book of Genesis.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    The famine in Joseph's time has been confirmed by ice cores taken from Mount Kilimanjaro. Also this link discusses Nebuchadnezzar's conquest of Jerusalem being confirmed by finds on Mount Zion.

Source: MSN

Thompson’s team endured all the challenges they did to further understand how the climate has changed. Although that was their main purpose, their research inadvertently provided evidence for a story from the Book of Genesis. ... What they found was evidence for a 500-year drought that started around 8,300 years ago. In a press release, ... That was the first of three droughts, and the third one is where things get interesting. It happened around 4,000 to 3,700 years ago, a time that coincides with the story of Joseph as told in the Book of Genesis.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee
    A drought that took place some time between 3700 to 4000 years ago (a three hundred year time period) is a bit problematic for the claim.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment