Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Archaeologist claims Mount Sinai found in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaeologist claims Mount Sinai found in Saudi Arabia

Keep in mind this is from The U.S. Sun

Source: HOLY MOSES Bible archaeologists ‘find Mount Sinai where God handed Moses the Ten Commandments’ as they reveal four bombshell clues

BIBLICAL archaeologists have claimed to have located the holy mountain where the Bible says God gave Moses two stone tablets inscribed with the Ten Commandments.

They believe features and archaeological remains on the site in Saudi Arabia directly line up with the passage in the holy tome, some of which are fenced off as protected areas by the Saudi theocratic regime.

According to the Book of Exodus in the Bible, Moses leads the Israelites to Mount Sinai which is enveloped by fire, smoke and thunder.

The prophet then ascends the mountain where he convenes with God to receive the Ten Commandments.

For this reason, Mount Sinai is one of the most important sacred places in the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.

Certain scholars claim the Exodus is a myth because no evidence at the traditional Mount Sinai in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, but what if they were looking in the wrong spot? --Ryan Mauro Doubting Thomas Research Foundation

But while most people think this miraculous event is a work of fiction — written hundreds of years after it supposedly took place — there are some who claim mounting evidence that indicates it really happened.

A mountain range in Egypt was for hundreds of years thought to be the site of the holy mountain.

But sleuths from the biblical archaeologist organisation the Doubting Thomas Research Foundation claim this is wrong and have compelling evidence to prove this.

Foundation president Ryan Mauro, who is a Middle East expert, told the Sun: "One of the main reasons certain scholars claim that the Exodus is a myth is because little to no evidence for what the Bible records has been found at the traditional Mount Sinai in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.

"But what if these scholars have actually been looking in the wrong spot?

"Move over into the Arabian peninsula and you find incredibly compelling evidence matching the Biblical account."

'SCORCHED MOUTAIN PEAK'

The real holy site, he says, is in the northwestern province of Saudi Arabia and there is strong evidence to prove this.

The researchers then went on to identify Jabal Maqla, a peak within the Jabal al-Lawz mountain range, as Mount Sinai.

The Bible said God descended on Mount Sinai as a fire.

And they claim the mountain, with its clearly blackened peaks, suggests this is the site.

6.-Jabal-al-Maqla-4.jpg
    Jabal Maqla, a peak within the Jabal al-Lawz mountain range,has blackened peak

'SIGNS OF PATH UNDER RED SEA'

In the Book of Exodus Moses holds out his walking stick and God parts the waters and they manage to flee.

The story goes that the water then came rushing back in and crushed the pursuing troops.

The foundation believes Nuweiba Beach is the most likely crossing point because studies have found land paths below the water.

They argue this evidence found by Swedish scientist Dr Lennart Moller reveals the remnants of the fleeing army.

It is claimed they found what they believe were the shapes of chariots which were encased in coral, although the metal and wood was long since dissolved.

Across the Red Sea, there is said to be evidence that is allegedly a possible match for the Biblical campsite Elim, noted to have 12 wells and 70 palm trees with a dozen of the water sources remaining today.

fd841c1d-7c54-433b-bad2-6c98cad9a50d.jpg
    An apparent land passage was found under the Read Sea

MOUNT HOREB SPLIT ROCK

On the path to the suspected Mount Sinai is a towering split rock sitting upon a large hill.

The rock and hill beneath show signs of massive amounts of water erosion — yet this is in an area that receives very little rainfall.

Mr Mauro said: “We believe this distinct landmark could be the rock that God commanded Moses to strike which water then gushed forth from, miraculously providing for the Israelite population."

262b43e6-8d27-48ac-a285-869e809f486a.jpg
    This is said to be the rock that was split by Moses

'MOSES' ALTAR'

At Jabal al-Maqla there is an ancient altar site composed of uncut granite stones at the base of the mountain and the remains of what appear to be small, ancient pillars composed of marble beside it just as in the Book of Exodus.

Moses is said to have built an altar made of uncut stones at the base of Mount Sinai and sets up 12 pillars representing the 12 tribes of Israel beside it.

So far nine pillars have been found with several broken pieces of marble scattered throughout the area.

'GOLDEN CALF WORSHIP SITE'

Two more crucial pieces of evidence at this mountain are what is believed to be the Golden Calf worship site and signs of a graveyard.

Chapter 32 of Exodus tells of the Golden Calf incident, where the Israelites make a golden calf, which was an Egyptian god, and worship it while Moses is on Mount Sinai.

When Moses comes back down the mountain, the golden calf worshippers are killed for their idolatry.

Mr Mauro said: "Close to the mountain, we have this site covered with depictions of people worshipping bulls and cows.

"And what's really significant is that these petroglyphs are isolated to this area. It's not like they're carved all over the mountain."

It comes as the Doubting Thomas Research Foundation and others have discovered what they believe might be Noah's Ark.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Please note that the article has many more images and a short video as well*]

I have no idea if The Doubting Thomas Research Foundation has some serious scientists or is just a bunch of crackpots

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I am not trusting it, for all that I consider that both the Nuweiba path and Jabal Maqla as Mount Sinai reasonable surmises. It might be just a "Jesus face in the slice of toast" factor on a grand scale. Nor is the story's veracity enhanced by the mention of Noah's Ark (assuming it is the old debunked "finding" from some years back).
    As for Horeb, I wouldn't be surprised if is, or near, the mountain known by that name today.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      I am not trusting it, for all that I consider that both the Nuweiba path and Jabal Maqla as Mount Sinai reasonable surmises. It might be just a "Jesus face in the slice of toast" factor on a grand scale. Nor is the story's veracity enhanced by the mention of Noah's Ark (assuming it is the old debunked "finding" from some years back).
      As for Horeb, I wouldn't be surprised if is, or near, the mountain known by that name today.
      I'm not sure but IIRC that chariot wheel has been pretty thoroughly debunked as well.

Some times folks just try to hard.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm not sure but IIRC that chariot wheel has been pretty thoroughly debunked as well.

Some times folks just try to hard.
        The more I look at what they've got, the more uncertain their information becomes.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I've heard people use Galatians 4:25 to support this argument,

Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is enslaved with her children.
          But the question arises, what is meant by Arabia?
          When I Survey....

Comment

Certain scholars claim the Exodus is a myth because no evidence at the traditional Mount Sinai in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, but what if they were looking in the wrong spot? --Ryan Mauro Doubting Thomas Research Foundation

Of course, Mount Sinai is a real location. It amazes me that so many locations were lost over time, but (as written) it is referenced in a way that assumes the reader is aware of it. The current "Mount Sinai" was guesswork and not from an historical map, AFAIK.

Like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and the Colossus of Rhodes, referenced in a fashion that assumes there is no dispute of their existence, but the locations have since been lost. As even Troy once was.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              I've heard people use Galatians 4:25 to support this argument,

But the question arises, what is meant by Arabia?
              Andy why do they sell so much coffee?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And on what grounds can they claim that they do?
                When I Survey....

Comment

And are those results filtered? I'll have to give that a brew.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Need to ask Moses. What flavor does he brew?
                    When I Survey....

Comment

You better be careful, you're gonna end up in hot water!

Comment

mug.jpgsinai.jpg
                        Last edited by Faber; 10-03-2021, 05:14 PM.
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Okay, this has been percolating in me for awhile but I must espresso myself and spill the beans before it is too latte and things get heated causing this thread to grind to a halt.

All of this seems like déja-brew

Comment