Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Asteroid strike offers a feasible explanation for Biblical story of Sodom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Neither does Marvin -- just don't tell me brudder
    He'll never hear it from me. Like, mums the word. I'm not saying a thing.

Comment

Neither does Marvin -- just don't tell me brudder
      Yo Cow Poke, don't tell rogue I said anything about this!

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

You're making your bid at being only the third official member of the nincompoopiehead club

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Gazillions don't exist either.
          Gazzen, from Latin earthly edge, or end of the earth, abbreviated to gaz (literally 28,819 ancient Greek miles. illion, from Latin mille, thousand, plus augmentative suffix -ion or -on (literally big thousand). Therefore a Gazillion has (28819 x 3) zeros and a Gazillion is…

Sadly - the number of zeroes in 1 gazzilion is roughly three times the maximum character count for a post
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Gazzen, from Latin earthly edge, or end of the earth, abbreviated to gaz (literally 28,819 ancient Greek miles. illion, from Latin mille, thousand, plus augmentative suffix -ion or -on (literally big thousand). Therefore a Gazillion has (28819 x 3) zeros and a Gazillion is…

Sadly - the number of zeroes in 1 gazzilion is roughly three times the maximum character count for a post
            (28819 x 3) zeros

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

(28819 x 3) zeros
              Yep - enough zeros for 14,000+ words.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yep - enough zeros for 14,000+ words.
                Gadzooks!

Comment

Gazzen, from Latin earthly edge, or end of the earth, abbreviated to gaz (literally 28,819 ancient Greek miles. illion, from Latin mille, thousand, plus augmentative suffix -ion or -on (literally big thousand). Therefore a Gazillion has (28819 x 3) zeros and a Gazillion is;

No, no, no, no, and no.

1. The edge of the earth depends on the circumference taken, and hence is ill-defined.
                  2. The length of the edge of the earth is a fractal quantity, and hence has infinite length.
                  3. Interpolations between Greek and Latin into English units are arbitrary, and hence invalid.
                  4. 28,819 big thousands would be 10 ^ (28,819*3) millions, hence would have 10^(28,819*3) + 6 zeros.

And lastly, and hence the most dire ...

5. Plagiarism is a sin.

Comment

You're making your bid at being only the third official member of the nincompoopiehead club
                    He'll never hear it from me. Like, mums the word. I'm not saying a thing.
                    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No, no, no, no, and no.

1. The edge of the earth depends on the circumference taken, and hence is ill-defined.
                      Usually, people would consider that a notional value, not a statement of empirical fact.

2. The length of the edge of the earth is a fractal quantity, and hence has infinite length.
                      Which has no impact on the experienced reality. Start point from anywhere on Earth and tracing a great circle back to the start point returns 40,000 km - a distance far short of infinity.

3. Interpolations between Greek and Latin into English units are arbitrary, and hence invalid.
                      They are estimates - with a Greek mile being roughly 0.8 English miles. (If I remember rightly)

4. 28,819 big thousands would be 10 ^ (28,819*3) millions, hence would have 10^(28,819*3) + 6 zeros.
                      I can't make Excel give an answer to the equation - but it would seem that travelling at a gazillion miles per hour would exceed light speed more than a few times over.

Ouch - forgot to include the citation. You are quite right.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Not arguing for one over the other, just mentioning competing explanations I've read in the literature.

Personally, well ...

2021-09-21_11-07-33.jpg

If God doesn't exist, then the Pin™'s the only massive hole-maker we need to worry about.

I’ll forgive you. This time.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

No, no, no, no, and no.

5. Plagiarism is a sin.
                          If this a don't prove that math be of tha debil, I's don't know what will.

Math Atheist.jpg

It's debil worship through and through

Don't make me go to quotin' Augustine and what he said about you mathemagicians smiley crossing self.gif

Comment

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
                            Then you leave me no choice but to expose the fact that the image you posted here

Not arguing for one over the other, just mentioning competing explanations I've read in the literature.

Personally, well ...

2021-09-21_11-07-33.jpg

is...

[*imagine a drum roll here*]

really you and that is your so-called perfect hair.

giphy.gif
                            thought ya might 'preciate this particular mic drop choice

Consider this an act of tough love

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Gadzooks!
                              Or... rogue tech's New Gadzooka!

Our latest effort at making something to sell to those favoring a kinder, gentler war

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

That Gadzooka also comes in pink with several My Little Pony stickers so you can customize it, along with the ever popular rainbow design -- each only $500 extra. What a deal!

Comment

sgt shultz.jfif
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment