Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Cerne Giant in Dorset dates from Anglo-Saxon times, analysis suggests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether or not information is sourced from Christian sites, "loony sites," or "Wikipedia" is irrelevant. If the sources cited by that site are valid, the information is valid. Also note - Wikipedia is considered unsuitable for use as a formal academic resource only because it is too readily subject to alteration. TWeb is not a formal academic site. If there is no reason for to consider the Wikipedia article's sources questionable, it is a valid resource.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      Whether or not information is sourced from Christian sites, "loony sites," or "Wikipedia" is irrelevant. If the sources cited by that site are valid, the information is valid. Also note - Wikipedia is considered unsuitable for use as a formal academic resource only because it is too readily subject to alteration. TWeb is not a formal academic site. If there is no reason for to consider the Wikipedia article's sources questionable, it is a valid resource.
      As rogue06 is coy about telling us his sources, we cannot verify their accuracy. However, what he wrote is a confection of muddled nonsense.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

As rogue06 is coy about telling us his sources, we cannot verify their accuracy. However, what he wrote is a confection of muddled nonsense.
        Strangely, the information that rogue06 compares favourably with what I found years ago, and with what I am finding in current inquiries.
        However, there is much conflicting information, which forces an examination of primary sources, and even there some of the translations are questionable.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Strangely, the information that rogue06 compares favourably with what I found years ago, and with what I am finding in current inquiries.
          However, there is much conflicting information, which forces an examination of primary sources, and even there some of the translations are questionable.
          I for one don't find it strange at all

That anyone who bothers to investigate for themselves will find the same thing is probably why H_A can't address anything I said even after sneering that it was a "nonsensical claim." You would think that after that "assessment" she would be eager to demonstrate its accuracy, but for whatever reason she shows not the slightest interest in doing so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Your confection is nonsense. I asked from where you sourced it all - and you seem reluctant to reveal that. I can only assume it was garnered from some Christian site and/or the lunatic fringe.
            Delicious unintended irony oozing forth from yet again from the person who cites Richard Carrier as a legitimate source and who thinks Peter was a fictitious personage (talk about fringe beliefs ). And don't think for a moment that people aren't noticing that you still haven't even tried to refute a single line of what I wrote, but instead continue to sputter impotently as you attempt to direct attention elsewhere.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Delicious unintended irony oozing forth from yet again from the person who cites Richard Carrier as a legitimate source and who thinks Peter was a fictitious personage (talk about fringe beliefs ). And don't think for a moment that people aren't noticing that you still haven't even tried to refute a single line of what I wrote, but instead continue to sputter impotently as you attempt to direct attention elsewhere.
              I would recommend H H Scullard's Festivals and Ceremonies of the Roman Republic. 1981. Thames & Hudson. In part two of that work, "The Roman Year" he details every festival held, month by month.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment