Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Giant Marble Cross Found in N. Pakistan Hints of Christianity’s Early Presence There

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I hope he doesn't - it only encourages you to blog on and on and on.
    Never fear I do not expect him to reply.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Never fear I do not expect him to reply.
      You just can't help yourself can you? You really must be smarting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        You just can't help yourself can you? You really must be smarting.
        I think she's the type who, in her own mind, is absolutely convinced that she is right and you are wrong - nothing you or anybody else can say will change that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think she's the type who, in her own mind, is absolutely convinced that she is right and you are wrong - nothing you or anybody else can say will change that.
          And she keeps asking the same exact question over and over even when I have answered it and others point out to her that I answered it. It's just her way at trying to divert attention away from how she constantly does EXACTLY what she falsely accuses others of doing. Even making it clear that she won't answer questions put to her, disdainfully hand waving them off as "irrelevant" and other such bilge.

But now I'm helping to perpetuate her whiny little derail

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And she keeps asking the same exact question over and over even when I have answered it and others point out to her that I answered it. It's just her way at trying to divert attention away from how she constantly does EXACTLY what she falsely accuses others of doing. Even making it clear that she won't answer questions put to her, disdainfully hand waving them off as "irrelevant" and other such bilge.

But now I'm helping to perpetuate her whiny little derail
            EGGzackly --- let it go.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Insofar that the social status Spartacus is never referred to in any of the ancient sources, I am right. Nor was it a requirement to be citizen in order to be in the Roman army. That only applied to the legions and later the Praetorian.

It is your pal who is wrong. Take it up with him.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Insofar that the social status Spartacus...
                Go blog.

Comment

Go blog.
                  If you keep posting to me on this thread I shall keep replying.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

If you keep posting to me on this thread I shall keep replying.
                    Yes, because you're starved for attention, apparently. And to a bad kid, ANY attention is attention.

Go ahead and make another silly woman response, I'll ignore it, and you can go bake cookies or shave your legs or something.

(Please don't try doing both at the same time)

You're on!!!!......

Comment

Nothing that you posted on Monday addressed my specific question. It was all entirely irrelevant.

However, we both know why you have never answered my question.
                      You aren't the only one allowed to ask questions and when you get some you utterly refuse to give any response. You call that behavior cowardly but you exemplify it to a T. I guess its projection on your part.

OTOH, I directly answered yours but you need to continue to pretend otherwise -- even when other posters point out that I did answer it and even direct you to where I did so.

You really are a sad case.

Comment

You aren't the only one allowed to ask questions and when you get some you utterly refuse to give any response. You call that behavior cowardly but you exemplify it to a T. I guess its projection on your part.

OTOH, I directly answered yours but you need to continue to pretend otherwise -- even when other posters point out that I did answer it and even direct you to where I did so.

You really are a sad case.
                        Let's let her make one last silly response, then ignore her, eh?

It'll be like the sadist saying "HIT ME", and the masochist smiling wryly and saying "no". (do I have those right?) ETA: I think I have those backwards - not an area of expertise for me.

Comment

Let's let her make one last silly response, then ignore her, eh?
                          Sowwy

Comment

And let's not forget that I've asked you twice to back up your claim that I had altered something.
                            I will address this. My reference to your “Google edit” was to your quote/link which is this 04509aa5-c4fa-4e55-8817-f009ef4c9989.jpg

Clicking on that link takes me to a search page that includes links for a variety of sites [several appear to be Russian] and none of which have any connection to what is contained in your link.

However, when I am logged into this website it comes up as this: Provinciales [edit] Provinciales were those people who fell under Roman influence, or control but who lacked even the rights even of the Foederati, essentially having only the rights of the ius gentium.

So what is the exact provenance of this quote? Who wrote it, when, and where?

Or is that yet another question to be added to all those others that you have never answered?

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Oh rogue - or should that be Pinocchio?

You never addressed my question as to where you obtained the information on Spartacus that permitted you to write "If he was in the Roman army at the time, he was a citizen" because to do so you would have to admit you were wrong.

Yes Florus refers to him being a soldier, but Florus makes no comment on Spartacus' social status. So from where did you obtain the information that Spartacus was a Roman citizen? And who are/were these historians who agreed with that contention?

I could list also various others questions I have put to you on both the Marble Cross thread and the Roman Fortifications thread that you have likewise ignored.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yes, because you're starved for attention, apparently. And to a bad kid, ANY attention is attention.

Go ahead and make another silly woman response, I'll ignore it, and you can go bake cookies or shave your legs or something.

(Please don't try doing both at the same time)

You're on!!!!......
                                No just showing up a poseur.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment