Announcement

Collapse

Archeology 201 Guidelines

If Indiana Jones happened to be a member of Tweb, this is where he'd hang out.

Welcome to the Archeology forum. Were you out doing some gardening and dug up a relic from the distant past? would you like to know more about Ancient Egypt? Did you think Memphis was actually a city in Tennessee?

Well, for the answers to those and other burning questions you've found the right digs.

Our forum rules apply here too, if you haven't read them now is the time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do "Nephilins", as in the Bible, existed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do "Nephilins", as in the Bible, existed?

Read this article:

https://muitabrisa.com.br/um-dedo-de...-dos-nefilins/

It's in Portuguese, but you can always translate.
    Last edited by Seeker; 10-31-2020, 11:51 PM.

Originally posted by Seeker View Post
    Read this article:

I do not think this is appropriate for Natural Science 301
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

I do not think this is appropriate for Natural Science 301
      Archeology, maybe? Is there such a section? The mods can move it over.

Comment

Archeology, maybe? Is there such a section? The mods can move it over.
        Yes there is an archaeological, but the post needs to worded better and need English, and a question concerning archaeological evidence.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I don't speak Portuguese, but I am aware of the claim that there was a 36cm (15 inch) mummified finger supposedly found by a grave robber in Egypt some time in the 1960s. But it doesn't sound like anything human. And the idea that there were enormous people called nephilim in ancient times comes from a mistranslation of the word, which means those who cause to stumble, or tyrants or bullies. Attached is a photo of the supposed finger. 38 cm finger.jpg
          When I Survey....

Comment

Over the history of the threads on different cites there has never been archaeological nor paleontological evidence for giants. There has ben occasional evidence of larger' humans, but absolutely none for giants. The actual history of humanity is that our ancestors were on the average smaller than today.

There is a problem even with unusually large humans humans is their heart is proportionally too small, and they are classically weak and unhealthy.

Frank

Comment

Read this article:

I've seen other stuff about this on various websites and to put it mildly the claims are uncorroborated and the evidence scanty at best. Some sources claim it has been authenticated and even has a "certificate of authenticity" but fail to elaborate on that, like who tested it and provided a certificate of authenticity. The last time I checked most legitimate labs don't provide "certificates of authenticity." I mean this isn't an autograph on a baseball that is being authenticated. In fact, when I looked into this a few years ago there is no evidence of it having ever been tested.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I've seen other stuff about this on various websites and to put it mildly the claims are uncorroborated and the evidence scanty at best. Some sources claim it has been authenticated and even has a "certificate of authenticity" but fail to elaborate on that, like who tested it and provided a certificate of authenticity. The last time I checked most legitimate labs don't provide "certificates of authenticity." I mean this isn't an autograph on a baseball that is being authenticated. In fact, when I looked into this a few years ago there is no evidence of it having ever been tested.
                After doing a cursory look around the interwebz there are a lot of inconsistencies concerning the story. Aside from the promoter of this being described as a "well known researcher" it appears that he ran some sort of club. That aside, as I mentioned, it has never been examined by scientists in spite of claims to the contrary and it looks like it has disappeared so it likely never will.

While it also looks a lot like a claw from a Giant Moa from New Zealand that went extinct about 600 years ago, even if it came from a human (and that is a mighty big "if") there are still more prosaic answers available to us. It could be an example of macrodactylism or localized gigantism which most often affects fingers and toes. Here is an example from India:

And another one from China:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nephilim is mostly tied to Genesis 6. I take the position of these being the Sons of God vs. Daughters of men in terms of the Sethite view.

Comment