Announcement

Collapse

Anthropology 201 Guidelines

Anthropology is the study of groups of people, their beliefs, practices, values, ideas, technologies, languages, economies and more.

All are welcome to post in this section, even Geico Cavemen.

A couple of caveats-- (1) racism has no place in this forum, and (2) please show a little discretion. In other words, if an attachment violates policy on the rest of TWEB, it violates policy in this forum as well, even if it depicts a highly interesting and unique aspect of some obscure culture. Keep it reasonably clean, folks.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Human Beings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nico
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    You're kidding, right? Some species don't even have the ability to kill each other. Killing is seldom done through hate, if ever. Lions rarely kill wantonly like you suggest. Elephants have very real social hierarchies that include other families. You're waaay off the mark.
    Oh boy...here we go. I said "directive" sir, read above, specifically not hate. Anyway, I haven't said enough on the subject for your opinion about my off the markness to mean much. Good day to you, and feel free to add to how cancerous humans are.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Originally posted by nico View Post
    Well, they don't sound very kosher do they? How about this though, every other species on the plant has zero diplomatic relations. Families/clans attack one another on sight for no apparent reason. They could all just work together but instead they kill without prejudice. At least humans try, right? Or if they kill it's often driven by hate rather than directive. I couldn't imagine a much better scenario if lions were to suddenly acquire a human intellect. Goodness, they'd round up all living and eat them 53 days flat. End of story.
    You're kidding, right? Some species don't even have the ability to kill each other. Killing is seldom done through hate, if ever. Lions rarely kill wantonly like you suggest. Elephants have very real social hierarchies that include other families. You're waaay off the mark.
    Last edited by Carrikature; 02-13-2014, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    That's the species as a whole. How many individuals are dangerous? Depends?
    Yes, the whole species! There are no angels!

Leave a comment:

• nico
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    We are the most destructive to environment then any other species in the history of life. Human are one specie extinction event as destructive of a huge meteor impact.

We are the first to over populate the earth. Actually our effect on the earth and the rest of the life is something like cancer.

We are the only species to make war on ourselves on a massive scale. Possibly to the point of possibly driving us to extinction.
    Well, they don't sound very kosher do they? How about this though, every other species on the plant has zero diplomatic relations. Families/clans attack one another on sight for no apparent reason. They could all just work together but instead they kill without prejudice. At least humans try, right? Or if they kill it's often driven by hate rather than directive. I couldn't imagine a much better scenario if lions were to suddenly acquire a human intellect. Goodness, they'd round up all living and eat them 53 days flat. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    That's the species as a whole. How many individuals are dangerous? Depends?

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Why are humans considered to be the most dangerous animal? Our brains? We can defeat anything with prep time(batman joke)?
    We are the most destructive to environment then any other species in the history of life. Human are one specie extinction event as destructive of a huge meteor impact.

We are the first to over populate the earth. Actually our effect on the earth and the rest of the life is something like cancer.

We are the only species to make war on ourselves on a massive scale. Possibly to the point of possibly driving us to extinction.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Why are humans considered to be the most dangerous animal? Our brains? We can defeat anything with prep time(batman joke)?

Leave a comment:

• nico
    replied
    Most dangerous animal on Earth, or so I've heard.
    Sounds formidable...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Most dangerous animal on Earth, or so I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• nico
    replied
    They like bacon to the detriment of their health. Especially the moist, semi-crunchy kind cooked with a drizzle of maple syrup.

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    We- I mean the adolescent versions yolo.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Featherless bipeds.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Mammal!

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Human being - a simian primate (hominin) taxonomically grouped with monkeys and apes.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    I have been fully human since before I was born. I have grown physically, mentally and spiritually, but I have always been fully a human being.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X