Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Harry Potteractually about mental illness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potteractually about mental illness?

This kind of puts a new spin on this series. What do you, if you are familiar with the series, think?

http://www.tickld.com/x/what-harry-p...pid=2&ts_pid=2
    I am become death...

Well, you can turn basically any story into a story about an insane person if you start with the assumption that the main character is experiencing extraordinary delusions and hallucinations
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I got nuthin
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm only passingly familiar with the series but it does make the thing make more sense. A lot more sense, in some aspects.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
          This kind of puts a new spin on this series. What do you, if you are familiar with the series, think?

http://www.tickld.com/x/what-harry-p...pid=2&ts_pid=2
          A protagonist that faces many challenges struggles and finally rises above them: this is one of the most common types of stories. But when psych majors get on the case, challenges followed by success becomes "humiliation fantasy".

Comment

A whole lot of over analyzing and reading what someone wants to read into it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              So, you're calling me a poopiehead?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, you're calling me a poopiehead?
                Me? No. Never. You're clearly a nincompoopiehead

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Me? No. Never. You're clearly a nincompoopiehead
                  I love ya man!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I love ya man!

Comment

I find that's true with most analysis.

I still think it makes some elements of the story make more sense.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X