Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Notable Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan (a.k.a. Clint Eastwood)
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"Physical laws came into being because there is a Creator who made them." --Prof. Sir Ghillean Prance, Director of Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"When a man finds a conclusion agreeable, he accepts it without argument, but when he finds it disagreeable, he will bring against it all the forces of logic and reason." --Thucydides, Athenian historian, political philosopher and general

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Strength of conviction is not proof of rightness — it says more about the person than the premise." --Tobias Stanislas Haller

Comment

My dad, during a lively game of ultimate frisbee, had this profound defense advice: "Stick to 'em like ugly on ape."
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

"If you want to know the easiest way to do something...watch how a lazy man does it." - My Dad
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

"Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  "If you want to know the easiest way to do something...watch how a lazy man does it." - My Dad
                  My oldest cousin said the nearly same thing.

If you want to know the easiest way to do something right...watch how a smart, lazy man does it

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    My oldest cousin said the nearly same thing.

If you want to know the easiest way to do something right...watch how a smart, lazy man does it
                    That's almost the same thing I said.

If you want to know the right way to do something, watch how a woman does it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

On the subject of whether or not opposites attract, my dad said, "If that were true, you'd be attracted to little old Chinese ladies."

Comment

"If somebody gets mad at you, try walking a mile in their moccasins. That way, if they come after you, you're a mile away, and you have their moccasins!" Old Indian Saying
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Men who fish in other men's ponds often catch crabs." Ostensibly some ancient proverb, but I just think it's hilarious.

Comment

"Never squat with your spurs on" - Cowboy Wisdom
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Friend best friend.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"Never kick a fresh cow pattie - especially on a hot day". -- Cowboy Wisdom

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X