Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Obama shares Scripture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama shares Scripture

I think he's been reading my book of Hesitations!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Derp!

"Don't throw stones in glass houses!"

Which "good book" did he get that from?

He also tried to tie in Mary and Joseph with immigration. I don't recall them being immigrants since they were traveling BACK to where Joseph was from for the census.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Derp!

"Don't throw stones in glass houses!" .
      He even mangled the quote, BESIDES attributing it to "the good book".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        He even mangled the quote, BESIDES attributing it to "the good book".
        Wonder why he called it "the good book" instead of saying "the bible?"

Maybe he meant Aesops Fables or something.

Comment

Wonder why he called it "the good book" instead of saying "the bible?"

Maybe he meant Aesops Fables or something.
          I think he was trying to be folksy.

Comment

I think he was trying to be folksy.
            Or maybe he couldn't remember that the name of "the good book" was "the Holy Bible"

Or he didn't want to offend any other religion by using the name "Bible"

Comment

I've heard it referred to as "the good book" before--I just figured it was kind of a colloquial term for it. Kind of like saying "the good Lord."
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I've heard it referred to as "the good book" before--I just figured it was kind of a colloquial term for it. Kind of like saying "the good Lord."
                Yeah, that's why I think Obama was trying to be "folksy" -- to tame down his perceived "dictator" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I've heard the same. It's just that coming from him it rings of falsity.
                  We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I think Obama was trying to be "folksy" -- to tame down his perceived "dictator" image.
                    What dictator image? He'd have to be competent first! Isn't he naive about stuff?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

well as the good book says, "God helps those who help themselves."

Comment

well as the good book says, "God helps those who help themselves."

Ben Franklin! I think. Or Aesop's fables!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Ben Franklin! I think. Or Aesop's fables!
                          as the good book says, "life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get"

Comment

as the good book says, "life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get"
                            Forrest Gump!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Forrest Gump!
                              and as the good book says, "You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But, you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X