Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Fun moderate reading level books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a good list over on John C. Wright's blog here:

http://www.scifiwright.com/2014/11/building-a-library/

I've bought the complete Father Brown mysteries and will be picking up the Chronicles of Prydain when I next visit England, I also found a used copy of Mad Scientists' Club and some Calvin and Hobbes books for basically just postage, so I grabbed those, plus a lot of Robert Louis Stevenson classics for free on kindle.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
      There's a good list over on John C. Wright's blog here:

http://www.scifiwright.com/2014/11/building-a-library/

I've bought the complete Father Brown mysteries and will be picking up the Chronicles of Prydain when I next visit England, I also found a used copy of Mad Scientists' Club and some Calvin and Hobbes books for basically just postage, so I grabbed those, plus a lot of Robert Louis Stevenson classics for free on kindle.
      If you're looking for comics, Foxtrot is good too.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X