Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Anybody know good books on the synoptic problem besides Robert Stein's introduction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know good books on the synoptic problem besides Robert Stein's introduction?

My parents got me the book through Amazon (Yay internet shopping!) and I'm planning on reading it. Specifically, I would like more stuff on Markan priority. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I humbly request that this thread not be used for debates on the Synoptic problem. Thanks.
    -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
    Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
    Sir Isaac Newton

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
    My parents got me the book through Amazon (Yay internet shopping!) and I'm planning on reading it. Specifically, I would like more stuff on Markan priority. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I humbly request that this thread not be used for debates on the Synoptic problem. Thanks.
    ## Have you come across Mark Goodacre's "The Case against Q" (Trinity Press International 2002) ?

Comment

My earlier suggestion and offer still stands:
      Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      ... If you want to discuss one issue at a time from him, I would be willing to do so, but I strongly suggest that you start with one good scholar, learn what you need to really understand his or her position, and only then begin to weigh the criticisms. The very best, relatively brief treatment of the synoptic problem is an entry by Frans Neirynck in the 2nd edition of the Jerome Biblical Commentary. If there is an academic or theology library near you, they should have it. It might be a little bit too advanced for you at first, but I am willing to help you master it first and that would be my recommendation.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X