Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

A Scholar and a Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That means more avocados for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I've never cared for avocados (neither the small dark bumpy skin Haas variety or the large smooth bright green ones) or guacamole.
      Do you like boiled peanuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
        Do you like boiled peanuts?
        I prefer them unboiled but I can eat them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          Always willing to trade mine for bacon bacon dancing.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Always willing to trade mine for bacon bacon dancing.gif
            Have you ever visited a pig sty? Do you know what pigs smell like when they're alive? That put me off.

I started a new job back in January that allows me to visit kitchens in various restaurant chains, and I have written a couple off of my list now. One kitchen smelled so bad, and the floor was so filthy, that I told my family that they are banned from eating there anymore.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add ...

The cleanest kitchen I have visited is called "Hemingway's" at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield MO. Absolutely spotless. However, their food is so bland that I was pining for a hamburger.

Comment

I prefer them unboiled but I can eat them.
                Just wondering. Or just asking. Just making small talk .

Hey.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add ...

The cleanest kitchen I have visited is called "Hemingway's" at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield MO. Absolutely spotless. However, their food is so bland that I was pining for a hamburger.
                  Hemmingways...bland....

That's a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Hemmingways...bland....

That's a joke right?
                    Some of the blandest food I've ever eaten at a swanky restaurant. Like, nothing is seasoned at all.

Comment

Some of the blandest food I've ever eaten at a swanky restaurant. Like, nothing is seasoned at all.
                      Yeah, I think i've had the same experience.

Comment

Piccadilly Cafeteria.

I have a friend who loved to eat there.

Most of the customers are well into their golden years and the food is real bland. No seasoning of any sort. I suspect that's because a sizeable portion of their customers are on low or no salt diets and the like so if you want anything on your food you can do it at the table.

I always did like to grab a slice of blueberry pie though. If it was sugar free I certainly couldn't tell.

Comment

Avacados are plant fat. If you eat them you will turn into a vegetable!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Avacados are plant fat. If you eat them you will turn into a vegetable!
                            The only known antidote is crispy bacon.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The only known antidote is crispy bacon.
                              And like insulin, something you need to keep taking meal after yummy meal (not insulin, but rather the bacon)

Comment

I'm just saying that it was a strange upbringing. The church I grew up in had illiterate folk. I'm telling you, there were feral human kids that was in our church. Lots of really bad stuff happened in this church throughout the years. Have you ever seen that movie Deliverance? Thems probably my kin folk. People that went to this church, i'm telling you, couldn't read or write or do math, but they could play banjos.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X