Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

A Scholar and a Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Scholar and a Gentleman

I'm not educated in any formal sense.

Most of you here have understood things since you were very young.

When I was in the 6th grade, I participated in a fundraiser for the school.

Selling candy bars.

I was given a box of 20 or so candy bars and was supposed to sell them for a dollar a piece.

I ate them all.

I forgot what I did to resolve the issue, but I didn't have the money to cover them.

My education growing up was stunted.

I think the last grade I fully completed was the 7th.

Coffee can make you smart don't you think?

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

Selling candy bars.

I was given a box of 20 or so candy bars and was supposed to sell them for a dollar a piece.

I ate them all.

I forgot what I did to resolve the issue, but I didn't have the money to cover them.

Coffee? no.

Bacon? Well your brain is mostly fatty tissue. Bacon is mostly fat, and you are what you eat, so Bacon makes you smart!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Bacon? Well your brain is mostly fatty tissue. Bacon is mostly fat, and you are what you eat, so Bacon makes you smart!
      Reasoning worthy of H_A.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Selling candy bars.

I ate them all.

Not wanting to make light of your self-effacing testimonial but the bolded part sounds like something out of Chunk's confession in Goonies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Coffee? no.

Actually that’s true, in a sense. Our brains need fat to protect the nerve sheathing. Some meds for cholesterol, like Lipitor, strip the nerves of that protection, and we switched Mr. mossy to something else when we found that out.

There is thinking that one of the causes of Alzheimer’s is due to the nerve sheaths being destroyed.

A doctor in The Big City, years ago, dId a study with epilepsy and found that a high fat diet often actually cured that condition. We learned about that when my husband's boss's toddler had severe seizures, so much so that they were happening dozens of times in a day. He had to wear a helmet all the time.

They were seen by this doctor and the little guy was put on a high fat diet for a year, I think it was. Butter, bacon, and the best bacon was a canned bacon that I’m not sure we can even get anymore, and other high fat foods. (We used to take canned bacon on camping trips because it didn’t have to be refrigerated. It was real bacon, quite a bit if it, rolled up in a waxy paper and canned. Really good, too, cooked on a camp stove.).

Within that year, he was completely seizure-free, and to my knowledge has never had another. That was about 30 years ago. Then there was a family in our church who's child had the same issue. We got all the info from Mr. mossy's boss, gave it to them, and they contacted the doctor. Same thing happened. Virtually cured by the high fat diet.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Actually that’s true, in a sense. Our brains need fat to protect the nerve sheathing. Some meds for cholesterol, like Lipitor, strip the nerves of that protection, and we switched Mr. mossy to something else when we found that out.

There is thinking that one of the causes of Alzheimer’s is due to the nerve sheaths being destroyed.

A doctor in The Big City, years ago, dId a study with epilepsy and found that a high fat diet often actually cured that condition. We learned about that when my husband's boss's toddler had severe seizures, so much so that they were happening dozens of times in a day. He had to wear a helmet all the time.

They were seen by this doctor and the little guy was put on a high fat diet for a year, I think it was. Butter, bacon, and the best bacon was a canned bacon that I’m not sure we can even get anymore, and other high fat foods. (We used to take canned bacon on camping trips because it didn’t have to be refrigerated. It was real bacon, quite a bit if it, rolled up in a waxy paper and canned. Really good, too, cooked on a camp stove.).

Within that year, he was completely seizure-free, and to my knowledge has never had another. That was about 30 years ago. Then there was a family in our church who's child had the same issue. We got all the info from Mr. mossy's boss, gave it to them, and they contacted the doctor. Same thing happened. Virtually cured by the high fat diet.
            Well duh! I know everything!

(I am not a doctor, but I play one on the internet)

Comment

What else can be said but...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Coffee? no.

I eat a lot of avocados for that reason. It's good brain fat. I mostly steer clear of bacon. Although I have an easy recipe for some "bacon" if you're interested in a substitute: Thinly slice an egg plant and marinate them in olive oil and spices for a few hours, then dehydrate. Bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Not wanting to make light of your self-effacing testimonial but the bolded part sounds like something out of Chunk's confession in Goonies.

Seriously though, that kid was ten times smarter than I was when I was his age. I was literally on autopilot until about the age of about 25. Sometimes I think I just missed out on a lot. It's like with the candy bars...I remember not having any concept of what I was doing. It was just Neanderthal thinking. Here's some candy. Yummy. Eat.

Comment

I eat a lot of avocados for that reason. It's good brain fat...
                    I love avocados and guacamole. I smear and smash them on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I love avocados and guacamole. I smear and smash them on everything.
                      I have to read better. Thought you said, "I swear and smash them on everything."

That's what I would do with them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I have to read better. Thought you said, "I swear and smash them on everything."

That's what I would do with them.
                        I swear at them when I cut them open and they are brown inside.

Comment

Coffee? no.
                          Well...

Items 1, 3, and 4 seem pertinent to braining.

Alas, I won't follow the "Don't doctor it up" advice. I like to add all sorts of pollutants.
                          Last edited by NorrinRadd; 11-11-2022, 06:23 PM.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I swear at them because they are horrible things. Actually, I've never sworn at one because I've never bought one because I don't like them.

Comment

So, two minutes after they ripen.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X