Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

This may or may not be fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may or may not be fun.

But it is a creative experiment that I have been wanting to jot down my thoughts about:

Let's take 2 ideas, or words, and there meanings and definitions:

Doxstatic- Pertaining to belief. Alternatively, also pertaining to states sufficiently like beliefs (thoughts, judgments, opinions, desires, wishes, fears).

and let,s say....

Qualia - In philosophy and certain models of psychology, qualia (/ˈkwɑːliə/ or /ˈkweɪliə/; singular form: quale) are defined as individual instances of subjective, conscious experience.

I cannot speak of these myself. But I can ponder the relationship between these two and sit and think. It requires more imagination than I.Q. But sometimes I think of things like this and I wonder if this could be turned into a creative exercise. Does anyone see where i'm kinda going with this, or does this just make no sense at all?

Any two ideas work. It's like playing 2 chords over and over again and listening to the subtle nuances.

Hi Machinist,

Here’s a comparable pairing of terms that fits the concept I think you are describing.

“Fluid Intelligence” compared and contrasted with “Crystallized Intelligence”. These are two similar but distinguishable concepts that may or may not work together in concert with each other.

You are trying to show examples of subtle nuances of meaning between two things. Thats the case here. They say that Crystallized Intelligence can continue to increase whatever the age of the person, but Fluid Intelligence can begin to wane even in adolescence (which explains some of the almost brain-dead choices that young adults can make).

Crystallized Intelligence is more or less the accumulation of concrete facts and figures, etc., but Fluid Intelligence is the application of that knowledge to make novel choices and solve fresh puzzling problems as they arise.

I’ve been attempting to use both of these concepts in tandem with each other for the last 8 years as I have used every bit of my past education in the scriptures to try solving the eschatology puzzles of Revelation, Daniel, etc.. To date, no one at any of my former churches where I was a member had the answers to what I was asking. I finally went to the Source Himself and asked HIM. God NEVER disappoints the soul that is seeking Him with all their heart. He encompasses every conceivable type of intelligence there has ever been, “Fluid”, “Crystallized”, or otherwise.

Comment

My little sister once did something like years ago when we were kids and came up with a new term combining ignore and annoy, basically meaning to annoy by ignoring. That's how the term ignoy came about.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Resurrections View Post
        Hi Machinist,

Here’s a comparable pairing of terms that fits the concept I think you are describing.

“Fluid Intelligence” compared and contrasted with “Crystallized Intelligence”. These are two similar but distinguishable concepts that may or may not work together in concert with each other.

You are trying to show examples of subtle nuances of meaning between two things. Thats the case here. They say that Crystallized Intelligence can continue to increase whatever the age of the person, but Fluid Intelligence can begin to wane even in adolescence (which explains some of the almost brain-dead choices that young adults can make).

Crystallized Intelligence is more or less the accumulation of concrete facts and figures, etc., but Fluid Intelligence is the application of that knowledge to make novel choices and solve fresh puzzling problems as they arise.

I’ve been attempting to use both of these concepts in tandem with each other for the last 8 years as I have used every bit of my past education in the scriptures to try solving the eschatology puzzles of Revelation, Daniel, etc.. To date, no one at any of my former churches where I was a member had the answers to what I was asking. I finally went to the Source Himself and asked HIM. God NEVER disappoints the soul that is seeking Him with all their heart. He encompasses every conceivable type of intelligence there has ever been, “Fluid”, “Crystallized”, or otherwise.
        Putting that end-time puzzle together is going to be a creative exercise!

I'm just wondering if there are exercises to expand that creativity and accelerate understanding and wisdom. I mean yes, seek ye first the Kingdom. But can this be the seeking? The striving for greater fluidity and creative understanding? FYI, I do not like reading books, and i'm not a studious person. I do not have an disciplined background in education. I may have ADHD and a few more. I definitely have "Coffee Addiction Disorder."

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          My little sister once did something like years ago when we were kids and came up with a new term combining ignore and annoy, basically meaning to annoy by ignoring. That's how the term ignoy came about.
          That's impressive. And funny!

Comment

Yeah, funpressive!
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              Yeah, funpressive!
              I'll set em up. You knock em down.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                Yeah, funpressive!
                Mayhaps that should actually be a word!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X