Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What art thou currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit more than a third of the way through Men and Women in Christ: Fresh Light from the Biblical Texts by Andrew Bartlett.

Best, most thorough and objective book I've read on the Egalitarianism/Mutualism vs. Complementarianism/Patriarchalism debate.

Next up: Why We're not Afraid of the Antichrist by Craig Keener and Michael Brown.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Comment

• Yeah, I totally botched the title on that second one. Sheesh.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

Comment

• I finished 2020 with Crucifixion by Martin Hengel. Currently reading The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy: I Link, Therefore I Am by Luke Cuddy, ed.
        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Just finished Why I Am Still Surprised by the Power of the Spirit: Discovering How God Speaks and Heals Today

I have some minor quibbles with some of his exegesis, but quite good overall.

Got it after I saw Craig Keener enthuse about it in the updated afterword of Gift and Giver, the Holy Spirit for Today.

Beige Nationalist.

Comment

• The Qanon Deception- James Beverly. He does a Biblical and Christian critique of the entire movement and examines their wild conspiracy theories from Pizzagate to the current situation with Covid-19. While he has been pro-Trump, he separates the far out claims while giving the legitimate concerns about Child Trafficking as well as giving constructive criticisms concerning Trump. He tries to give a far balance view while warning of the dangers.

Comment

• Understanding Spiritual Gifts: A Comprehensive Guide by Sam Storms. It adapts and condenses material from several of his many previous books. I haven't learned anything new, but didn't really expect to. I mostly wanted to learn his perspective and approach. I think there were a *few* more things he could have addressed, especially since some of the other authors with whom he occasionally interacted in the book did address them.

Authentic Fire by Michael Brown, with appendices by Craig Keener, Sam Storms, Steven Alt, and David Shibley. It's a response to John MacArthur's "Strange Fire" book and conference. The book is good, though unnecessarily marred by typographical errors. The tone is respectful and irenic -- something I would be hard pressed to achieve, given the nature of many of MacArthur's quotes.

Beige Nationalist.

Comment

• Chasing the Dragon, by Jackie Pullinger, an engaging account of her ministry with God's help, to gang members and addicts in the Walled City in Hong Kong.

Blessings,
                Lee
                "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

• The Final Days of Jesus-Andreas Kostenberger

Comment