Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tutorial: Signature Blocks

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial: Signature Blocks

You can have a signature block that appears at the bottom of all of your posts. See the bottom of this post for an example.

1. Click on your name at the top right of the browser window and choose "User Settings"

sig1-settings.jpg

2. On the user account screen select the "Account" tab:

sig2-acount tab.jpg

3. Scroll down to "Conversation Details" and click "Edit Post Signature" - Important! Make sure you also check "Show Signatures"

sig3-edit signature.jpg

4. Just add the text you want, format it using the text formatting buttons (usually centering the text looks best), then press "Save"

sig4-text.jpg

That's it!

In the next post, we will show you how to add a picture to your signature block.
    Last edited by Sparko; 09-25-2020, 10:27 AM.

Adding a picture to your signature block

1. Follow the steps above but don't click "Save" yet.

2. Click on the Paper Clip icon at the top right of the text editor:

sig4.5-attachment.jpg

3. Then at the bottom of the screen click the "Upload Attachments" Button:

sig5-upload attachment.jpg

4. Select the image you want to use and click "Open" (Please keep the pictures to a reasonably small size, overly large images or images that don't follow our decorum will be deleted)

sig6-select image.jpg

5. OK here is where there seems to be a bug in the system, so please follow along. After you select your image it will appear in the attachments list. Click "Thumbnail" and it will insert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] at your cursor location in the text window. Notice it doesn't insert your picture.

sig7-thumnail.jpg
    6. Click the word "Thumbnail" a second time. It will insert another [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] into the text window. Now you will see [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]. But at the bottom you will see a second line in the attachment window, with the same name of your image, but more options listed to the right.

sig8-click twice.jpg
    7. Select the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the text window and delete it.

sig9-select.jpg

8. Position your cursor in the text window where you want the picture to appear, and then click on the size you want to use on the bottom line of the attachment list:

sig10-fullsize.jpg

9. You will see your picture appear in the text window.

10. Now you can click "Save"

sig11-save.jpg

Congrats! All done.
    Attached Files

Comment

Dang, I lost my old signature banner. Must be since I changed PC's twice since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Dang, I lost my old signature banner. Must be since I changed PC's twice since then.
        Found it on the wayback machine

Ba_brum_01.jpg

Comment

other ones I found on the wayback machine:

BTCBanner.gifrogue06BW01.gifteal.pngOBPBW05.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Found it on the wayback machine

Ba_brum_01.jpg
            Thanks!

Edit. I got it working.

Comment

Fourth time was the charm

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Fourth time was the charm
                why is it so large?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

why is it so large?
                  Dunno

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Dunno
                    download the banner from my post to your computer, then follow the instructions in the first post, and choose "full size" when you go to insert the image into your signature.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X