Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Wallpapers - show off your best creations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Yep. that's the same look your fractal self gave me when I took that photo. It's like a duplicate universe in there or something.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Maybe I should go look for some fractal dark chocolate...

Comment

Awesome!

Know what a honey trap is? How about creating one--fractal, natch--for trolls? Think of the hours trolls would waste wandering around in the trap. Maybe die of thirst, too, heh.
            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Not really. I just downloaded the software (see the links) and started playing with it. Then I go exploring till I find something interesting, then tweak the camera and settings to get it the way I want, then render it out. Then I put it in photoshop to make some final touches. I think of playing with fractals kind of like photography. In photography you don't create the subject, you just find the best way to make a nice composition of the subject, then photograph it, and then you can tweak it some more using filters, and such. That's why I find fractals so interesting. It's like exploring a whole world. I can spend hours just wandering around.
              Cool. Well, I decided to goof around for a half hour on Mandelbulber, and this is the result. I call it, "Spell My Name" because if you look at it the right way, you can see my name (Yes, that was a complete accident. )

Spell My Name.jpg
              Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Chaotic Void's Recommended Advice for Trump's Opposition to Punt him from the Oval Office: Git Gud

Comment

Is there any way I can upload that gorgeous flower into my profile? We used to be able to put backgrounds and stuff in there......

Comment

Is there any way I can upload that gorgeous flower into my profile? We used to be able to put backgrounds and stuff in there......
                  Go to your profile page, then at the top there should be a customize my profile button. Click it. Then click on the color square for the "content background" and on the pop up choose image.

I don't know how well that would work for a background on your profile page, but you can give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    Cool. Well, I decided to goof around for a half hour on Mandelbulber, and this is the result. I call it, "Spell My Name" because if you look at it the right way, you can see my name (Yes, that was a complete accident. )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]841[/ATTACH]

Pretty neat. It's like your hair.

PS, if you are running it on windows, run the Mandelbulber OpenCL version, and go to the OpenCL tab and enable "OpenCL enable"
                    It uses your graphics GPU and renders a lot faster than using the CPU (if you have a good graphics card)

and there is a wiki manual for it: http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.p...le=User_Manual
                    Last edited by Sparko; 06-26-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Go to your profile page, then at the top there should be a customize my profile button. Click it. Then click on the color square for the "content background" and on the pop up choose image.

I don't know how well that would work for a background on your profile page, but you can give it a try.
                      It wants an url.

Comment

Same with signature pictures. They only have the url option, not the upload from computer.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It wants an url.

try
                          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/at...1&d=1403790519

Comment

Thanks, Sparky.

Now it wants a "publicly accessible album, blah, blah, blah......"

I'll just use it on my laptop background.

Comment

Here is another one I did. I took a photo I found of 3 horses running on a beach and used photoshop to modify it a little, then used a fractal filter called "Fractalius" to fractalize the photo, then tweaked some more in photoshop. This is the result.

Horses.jpg

It looks a lot better at full resolution so click on it till it enlarges fully.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X