Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Fun with AI Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah it doesn't actually steal art from anyone. They think it is like some sort of cut and paste, but it isn't . It actually generates new art but with a style you specify. If you describe the prompt well enough you might get something that resembles someone else's art pretty close, but it would still not be "stealing" - no more than a human artist who studies the styles of other artists and imitates that style. That is how most human learning works, you study someone else and imitate them and make it your own. And you can't copyright a style. If I wanted to imitate Jackson Pollock's style (drizzling paint on canvas) I could easily create something that looked like one of his originals, but it would not be stealing, it would be my own original painting. If I tried to pass it off as a Jackson Pollock, then it would be fraud/forgery of course.
    This is true, but the politicians in charge of handling lawsuits on the matter tend to not understand technology very well. It seems that people think that the AI models being trained with certain art means it has the art stored to take and copy at any time. Said people have likely never actually tried any AI art generation or learned about how it works. Now, it is possible to steal someone's art with AI, but that is also possible through tracing and other methods. AI art generation is just a new tool with the possibility of misuse like any other tool.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I'm not sure that will remain the case for long depending on how the lawsuits go. The antipathy to AI art is high right now and a lot of people are fighting to shut it down. I offered to make a temporary token for online D&D until a person had time to make the character art themselves, and I was told by someone else in the game to never use AI art again because it steals artwork and jobs from artists. I didn't argue against them because said person is an artist. I knew that no good would come of arguing with them.
    Yeah it doesn't actually steal art from anyone. They think it is like some sort of cut and paste, but it isn't . It actually generates new art but with a style you specify. If you describe the prompt well enough you might get something that resembles someone else's art pretty close, but it would still not be "stealing" - no more than a human artist who studies the styles of other artists and imitates that style. That is how most human learning works, you study someone else and imitate them and make it your own. And you can't copyright a style. If I wanted to imitate Jackson Pollock's style (drizzling paint on canvas) I could easily create something that looked like one of his originals, but it would not be stealing, it would be my own original painting. If I tried to pass it off as a Jackson Pollock, then it would be fraud/forgery of course.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I do a lot of powerpoints at work and I am thinking of using AI to generate clip art to use in them. Normally I have to go to Getty Images to try to search for something that meets my needs, but I am thinking I could use AI to generate what I want instead. No copyright on AI images so it is entirely legal.
    I'm not sure that will remain the case for long depending on how the lawsuits go. The antipathy to AI art is high right now and a lot of people are fighting to shut it down. I offered to make a temporary token for online D&D until a person had time to make the character art themselves, and I was told by someone else in the game to never use AI art again because it steals artwork and jobs from artists. I didn't argue against them because said person is an artist. I knew that no good would come of arguing with them.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I do a lot of powerpoints at work and I am thinking of using AI to generate clip art to use in them. Normally I have to go to Getty Images to try to search for something that meets my needs, but I am thinking I could use AI to generate what I want instead. No copyright on AI images so it is entirely legal.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

Yeah, I've got a friend who messes around with this sort of stuff. He often uses it for Character Images for his D&D Characters, and he's even started using it for Table Top maps.
    I've made several D&D characters with it myself and they turned out well. I haven't done any maps since I'm not the DM in the groups I play with.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied

Thanks! I mostly do these for fun or personal use. It's not as hard as actually drawing stuff, but getting the prompts and settings right to get anywhere near what you want to make is harder than it seems.
    Yeah, I've got a friend who messes around with this sort of stuff. He often uses it for Character Images for his D&D Characters, and he's even started using it for Table Top maps.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Even though I'm not a fan of AI, I gotta say these do look pretty cool.
    Thanks! I mostly do these for fun or personal use. It's not as hard as actually drawing stuff, but getting the prompts and settings right to get anywhere near what you want to make is harder than it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Even though I'm not a fan of AI, I gotta say these do look pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
    Wow, that one turned out really good.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteRabbit
    replied

inf.png

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    How to train your own model with custom photos (so you can generate yourself or your pet for example)
    How to use Dreambooth to put anything in Stable Diffusion - Stable Diffusion Art

I did a model of Jake (my schnauzer)

SuperJake.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    With the whole OGL thing happening with D&D I tried to make Gary Gygax spinning in his grave. I got this.
    Gary Gygax.jpg
    Not what I wanted, but my friends who like D&D really like it.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I tried making a character of mine as a knight riding a horse, and it didn't turn out right at all.

knight_____full_body_portrait_______2D_____beautiful_adult_woman____green_eyes___elegant_armor____lo_Seed-89590_Steps-50_Guidance-7.5.jpeg
    I tried making a centaur and never could get the AI to draw one correctly

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    I tried making a character of mine as a knight riding a horse, and it didn't turn out right at all.

knight_____full_body_portrait_______2D_____beautiful_adult_woman____green_eyes___elegant_armor____lo_Seed-89590_Steps-50_Guidance-7.5.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If Godzilla and the Cookie Monster had a love child.

Wait. Is that how they came up with Godzooky?
    Godcooky.

Here's dragon cookie monster.

WLgKJGMDEQY8DvJBtFtq--3--xy7vt.png

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X