Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Watercolours and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Also my sister's work. Morning glories.

morning glories.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    This is a carousel horse for the winter season. I did this as a gift for my sis, who's paintings are included in this thread. When she moved last year she gifted it to MelMak. I have done the summer horse for my daughter as she was born in the summer, and have always intended to do the spring horse for MelMak but have never done so. Sorry, Sunshine! So he gets the winter horse instead. Another amazing designer.

These horses all have beads and shiny threads in them. Don't know if the photo picks those details up or not.
    By the way, my sis, who paints, did most of the framing for me for my work. She was able to access a framing shop and their tools for her own work, and I just paid her for the mats and frames. IMG_1480.JPG

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    These next 2 fall into the "more" category. Cross stitch pictures done by my hand. I"m working on one for Kasha now, still a ways from finishing it, but will post a pic when I get it done and framed.

I also have a lot of x-stitch unframed and may or may not share those with you. This first pic is an English cottage. I have several of these unframed, and they are really beautiful! Love this designer.

IMG_1479.JPG
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-04-2021, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    IMG_1477.JPG Poplar trees.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    These next 2 are the other paintings of my sister's that reside in my house.

IMG_1476.JPG
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-04-2021, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I cropped out my signature.
    Acrylics.
    Oh, of course you would crop it out to share it online.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Gorgeous! Oils? Acrylics?

Signature?

You guys need to sign your art. Even I sign my cards, sort of.
    I cropped out my signature.
    Acrylics.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My version of a Bob Ross painting:
    cabin.jpg
    Gorgeous! Oils? Acrylics?

Signature?

You guys need to sign your art. Even I sign my cards, sort of.
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-03-2021, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    My version of a Bob Ross painting:
    cabin.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I guess this would fit the "and more" part of the Thread Title...

I think it got folded at one point, hence the stray lines.

lighthouse.jpg
    You did that when you were 7 or 8? It's amazing!

You better get back into it! Because you definitely have some talent.

I know Sparky has done some art, too.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I guess this would fit the "and more" part of the Thread Title...

I think it got folded at one point, hence the stray lines.

lighthouse.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I, on the other hand, have trouble colouring inside the lines. There is a great deal of artistic talent in my family, starting with my grandfather. 2 of my sisters paint watercolours (one has passed away, so she doesn't any more.......), my daughter paints with acrylics.

And Kasha is getting to be a very good artist. She actually sculpts with air-dry clay and makes miniature things. She made a doughnut that is the size of a Cheerio, and it looks like a doughnut the size of a Cheerio. And she's done other things as well. She also draws, and paints with acrylics sitting with her mom.

MelMak is a musician. He composes and arranges.

I, on the other hand, missed all of that.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

It's not too late!

Maybe someday when you retire!
    I do remember enjoying the class, and she always smelled really nice.
    She also taught art with charcoals, at which I seemed to do quite well, and actually still have one of my pieces from way back when!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

When I was about 7 or 8, my mom enrolled me in a watercolor art class at our local community center.
    The lady who ran it was, supposedly, some fancy schmancy watercolor expert who volunteered her time to help straighten out "at risk" boys.

She seemed constantly impressed with my artistic ability, and did her best to encourage me to stay for the advanced class, but baseball season was starting!
    It's not too late!

Maybe someday when you retire!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Yuh!

When I was about 7 or 8, my mom enrolled me in a watercolor art class at our local community center.
    The lady who ran it was, supposedly, some fancy schmancy watercolor expert who volunteered her time to help straighten out "at risk" boys.

She seemed constantly impressed with my artistic ability, and did her best to encourage me to stay for the advanced class, but baseball season was starting!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X