Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Watercolours and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

There's hardly any yellow in that cat's eyes at all!
    YELLOW!!!!

(very nice work, by the way!)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

YELLOW!!!!

(very nice work, by the way!)
      Thank you!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This thread is about me, isn't it? You're MOCKING me because I never learned my colors don't do so well with colors!
        CP color blind.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My sound crew at Church keeps complaining about my "confidence monitor*" -- it's an RGB feed from the rear of the auditorium, and the red wire got snipped during installation, so it has a "green hue" to it. (they say )

I keep promising to fix it (I'm the tech guy) but it looks perfectly fine to me.

*a monitor at the leading edge of the platform where I can see that the livestream is actually "going out", albeit about 2 seconds delayed
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My sound crew at Church keeps complaining about my "confidence monitor*" -- it's an RGB feed from the rear of the auditorium, and the red wire got snipped during installation, so it has a "green hue" to it. (they say )

I keep promising to fix it (I'm the tech guy) but it looks perfectly fine to me.

*a monitor at the leading edge of the platform where I can see that the livestream is actually "going out", albeit about 2 seconds delayed
            Trying to listen to yourself on a delay while talking will screw you up.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've just finished the bookmark I was doing for my girl. This is 22 count with 1 thread of floss. I added the wording my own self. Except for the word "May". That was in the design.

Which I have done in the past when making bookmarks. Not a hard thing to do. Her birthday is in May, and the lily of the valley is the flower for that month. Her great-grandma, my mom, was also born in May, in fact just 3 days before my girl's birthday. Mom had lilies of the valley planted in her garden for decades. A sweet little bloom that smells heavenly.

Kasha bookmark 1a.jpg
              Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:05 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                My version of a Bob Ross painting:
                cabin.jpg
                Yes I am behind here on my tweb reading but.

When I was 13 I tried painting that on the only remaining cigar box of my great grandfathers. I think my mother has the box. It not nearly as detailed nor as good as yours. I remember the episode of Bob Ross that specific painting appeared on in detail.

A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In other news, I do Christmas ornaments every year for family. Here's a few of them from previous years
                  Attached Files
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Art-Work-Art-Info-017.jpg

A couple of pieces I did years ago in pastels

Comment

Art-Work-Art-Info-012.jpg

A copy of a Frank Frazetta illustration, also did some
                      years ago and also in pastels

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Warning View Post

Not familiar with Frazetta but it remind me a bit of stuff done by Boris Vallejo

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Not familiar with Frazetta but it remind me a bit of stuff done by Boris Vallejo

Yeah, Vallejo is said to have picked up on Frazetta's style and made quite a career of it. Frazetta was born in 1928; Vallejo in 1941. HERE is a Google image page of Frazetta's work.

Comment

We had a jigsaw puzzle many years ago (might still have it, not sure), of one of Frazetta's paintings.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Warning View Post

Awesome!

Comment