Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Watercolours and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I cropped out my signature.
    Acrylics.
    Oh, of course you would crop it out to share it online.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

These next 2 are the other paintings of my sister's that reside in my house.

IMG_1476.JPG
      Last edited by mossrose; 05-04-2021, 02:02 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

IMG_1477.JPG Poplar trees.

Comment

These next 2 fall into the "more" category. Cross stitch pictures done by my hand. I"m working on one for my granddaughter now, still a ways from finishing it, but will post a pic when I get it done and framed.

I also have a lot of x-stitch unframed and may or may not share those with you. This first pic is an English cottage. I have several of these unframed, and they are really beautiful! Love this designer.

IMG_1479.JPG
          Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

This is a carousel horse for the winter season. I did this as a gift for my sis, who's paintings are included in this thread. When she moved last year she gifted it to MelMak. I have done the summer horse for my daughter as she was born in the summer, and have always intended to do the spring horse for MelMak but have never done so. Sorry, Sunshine! So he gets the winter horse instead. Another amazing designer.

These horses all have beads and shiny threads in them. Don't know if the photo picks those details up or not.
            By the way, my sis, who paints, did most of the framing for me for my work. She was able to access a framing shop and their tools for her own work, and I just paid her for the mats and frames. IMG_1480.JPG

Comment

Also my sister's work. Morning glories.

morning glories.jpg

Comment

I've just gotten this back from the framer's. It is for my girl, and it looks a great deal like the first cat that she remembers. A big Maine Coon named Sebastian.

This looks like Sebastian as a younger cat. It took me almost 2.5 years to stitch. It was from a kit I bought when her parents were married 20 years ago, when they first got Sebastian, and intended to do it sooner, but life got in the way. It was a horrible kit. The thread was inferior to what I usually use and I ran out of some of the colours before I hardly got started.

The kit was meant to be done on 14 count fabric with 2 threads. I hate working on that fabric count because I hate working with more than 1 thread. So I used an 18 count that works well with 1 thread. And I still ran out of thread!

Anyway, in spite of the horrible kit quality, it turned out quite nicely. My camera doesn't pick up the true colours, but the green inner mat almost matches exactly the green in the cat's eyes.

IMG_0055a.jpg
                Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Pretty

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I've just gotten this back from the framer's. It is for my Kasha, and it looks a great deal like the first cat that she remembers. A big Maine Coon named Sebastian.

This looks like Sebastian as a younger cat. It took me almost 2.5 years to stitch. It was from a kit I bought when Kasha's parents were married 20 years ago, when they first got Sebastian, and intended to do it sooner, but life got in the way. It was a horrible kit. The thread was inferior to what I usually use and I ran out of some of the colours before I hardly got started.

The kit was meant to be done on 14 count fabric with 2 threads. I hate working on that fabric count because I hate working with more than 1 thread. So I used an 18 count that works well with 1 thread. And I still ran out of thread!

Anyway, in spite of the horrible kit quality, it turned out quite nicely. My camera doesn't pick up the true colours, but the green inner mat almost matches exactly the green in the cat's eyes.

IMG_0055a.jpg
                      [*stares at picture for 5 minutes*]

um... I don't think that's a watercol...

[*notices "and more" in thread title*]

[*glances up at text of post*]

[*quietly leaves*]
                      The mangy pirates is not wrong though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Silly rogue.

Thank you.

Comment

That's really impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            That's really impressive!
                            Thank you, brum! I hadn't done cross stitch for a while and in spite of this being horrible to work, I'm of the mind to do some more. I have some really gorgeous patterns and some of them I've wanted to do for a long time.

I'm practising on a bookmark in 22 count right now because I've mostly worked on 18 count in recent years, because I didn't have the proper glasses. But it's going great and I want to do more on 22. 30 years ago everything I did was on 22 count.

In case you guys didn't know, the higher the thread count, the smaller the stitch. 22 count means 22 threads in an inch.

Comment

This thread is about me, isn't it? You're MOCKING me because I never learned my colors don't do so well with colors!
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                This thread is about me, isn't it? You're MOCKING me because I never learned my colors don't do so well with colors!

There's hardly any yellow in that cat's eyes at all!

Comment