Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Watercolours and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watercolours and more

My oldest sister (turning 80 this year). Is an accomplished watercolour artist. I am blessed to own 3 of her paintings as well as a couple of cards with smaller paintings on them. Each of my children have been gifted one of her paintings, and Buckwheat owns a drawing of a sleeping cat. I will post some of her art here.

But I wanted to start with this amazing pencil drawing done by a friend of hers from her art club. I have been given permission to post this. These are white hollyhocks on black, and I think they are absolutely stunning!

IMG_0966 (2).jpeg
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:05 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

These following pictures are watercolours done by my sister.

The tiger was a gift to me and resides in my home. I think I've posted it elsewhere on the site, but I can't find that particular thread.

Ivan Clawed.JPG

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This one belongs to MelMak. He likes water and waves, and this was her gift to him.

Crashing waves.JPG

Comment

A rhododendron from another sister's garden.

Gail's spring rhodosa.jpg

Comment

[ looking around ]

No battles going on here? All is peace and love and bacon? Can I hang out here, too, if I behave myself?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            [ looking around ]

No battles going on here? All is peace and love and bacon? Can I hang out here, too, if I behave myself?
            Yuh!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yuh!

When I was about 7 or 8, my mom enrolled me in a watercolor art class at our local community center.
              The lady who ran it was, supposedly, some fancy schmancy watercolor expert who volunteered her time to help straighten out "at risk" boys.

She seemed constantly impressed with my artistic ability, and did her best to encourage me to stay for the advanced class, but baseball season was starting!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When I was about 7 or 8, my mom enrolled me in a watercolor art class at our local community center.
                The lady who ran it was, supposedly, some fancy schmancy watercolor expert who volunteered her time to help straighten out "at risk" boys.

She seemed constantly impressed with my artistic ability, and did her best to encourage me to stay for the advanced class, but baseball season was starting!
                It's not too late!

Maybe someday when you retire!

Comment

It's not too late!

Maybe someday when you retire!
                  I do remember enjoying the class, and she always smelled really nice.
                  She also taught art with charcoals, at which I seemed to do quite well, and actually still have one of my pieces from way back when!

Comment

I, on the other hand, have trouble colouring inside the lines. There is a great deal of artistic talent in my family, starting with my grandfather. 2 of my sisters paint watercolours (one has passed away, so she doesn't any more.......), my daughter paints with acrylics.

And my granddaughter is getting to be a very good artist. She actually sculpts with air-dry clay and makes miniature things. She made a doughnut that is the size of a Cheerio, and it looks like a doughnut the size of a Cheerio. And she's done other things as well. She also draws, and paints with acrylics sitting with her mom.

MelMak is a musician. He composes and arranges.

I, on the other hand, missed all of that.
                    Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I guess this would fit the "and more" part of the Thread Title...

I think it got folded at one point, hence the stray lines.

lighthouse.jpg

Comment

I guess this would fit the "and more" part of the Thread Title...

I think it got folded at one point, hence the stray lines.

lighthouse.jpg
                        You did that when you were 7 or 8? It's amazing!

You better get back into it! Because you definitely have some talent.

I know Sparky has done some art, too.

Comment

My version of a Bob Ross painting:
                          cabin.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            My version of a Bob Ross painting:
                            cabin.jpg
                            Gorgeous! Oils? Acrylics?

Signature?

You guys need to sign your art. Even I sign my cards, sort of.
                            Last edited by mossrose; 05-03-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous! Oils? Acrylics?

Signature?

You guys need to sign your art. Even I sign my cards, sort of.
                              I cropped out my signature.
                              Acrylics.

Comment