Announcement

Collapse

Art Gallery Guidelines

This is where you can display your original art work get and give tips and tricks or discuss artworks by others. Things like art history,paintings, digital art, sketches, pottery and glass sculptures all that belongs here. You may include photographic art but this is not the place for the holiday snaps or cute baby pics they belong in the rec room or lobby.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Watercolours and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholicity
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My version of a Bob Ross painting:
    cabin.jpg
    Yes I am behind here on my tweb reading but.

When I was 13 I tried painting that on the only remaining cigar box of my great grandfathers. I think my mother has the box. It not nearly as detailed nor as good as yours. I remember the episode of Bob Ross that specific painting appeared on in detail.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I've just finished the bookmark I was doing for my girl. This is 22 count with 1 thread of floss. I added the wording my own self. Except for the word "May". That was in the design.

Which I have done in the past when making bookmarks. Not a hard thing to do. Her birthday is in May, and the lily of the valley is the flower for that month. Her great-grandma, my mom, was also born in May, in fact just 3 days before my girl's birthday. Mom had lilies of the valley planted in her garden for decades. A sweet little bloom that smells heavenly.

Kasha bookmark 1a.jpg
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My sound crew at Church keeps complaining about my "confidence monitor*" -- it's an RGB feed from the rear of the auditorium, and the red wire got snipped during installation, so it has a "green hue" to it. (they say )

I keep promising to fix it (I'm the tech guy) but it looks perfectly fine to me.

*a monitor at the leading edge of the platform where I can see that the livestream is actually "going out", albeit about 2 seconds delayed
    Trying to listen to yourself on a delay while talking will screw you up.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    My sound crew at Church keeps complaining about my "confidence monitor*" -- it's an RGB feed from the rear of the auditorium, and the red wire got snipped during installation, so it has a "green hue" to it. (they say )

I keep promising to fix it (I'm the tech guy) but it looks perfectly fine to me.

*a monitor at the leading edge of the platform where I can see that the livestream is actually "going out", albeit about 2 seconds delayed

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    This thread is about me, isn't it? You're MOCKING me because I never learned my colors don't do so well with colors!
    CP color blind.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

YELLOW!!!!

(very nice work, by the way!)
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

There's hardly any yellow in that cat's eyes at all!
    YELLOW!!!!

(very nice work, by the way!)

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    This thread is about me, isn't it? You're MOCKING me because I never learned my colors don't do so well with colors!

There's hardly any yellow in that cat's eyes at all!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    That's really impressive!
    Thank you, brum! I hadn't done cross stitch for a while and in spite of this being horrible to work, I'm of the mind to do some more. I have some really gorgeous patterns and some of them I've wanted to do for a long time.

I'm practising on a bookmark in 22 count right now because I've mostly worked on 18 count in recent years, because I didn't have the proper glasses. But it's going great and I want to do more on 22. 30 years ago everything I did was on 22 count.

In case you guys didn't know, the higher the thread count, the smaller the stitch. 22 count means 22 threads in an inch.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    That's really impressive!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Silly rogue.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I've just gotten this back from the framer's. It is for my Kasha, and it looks a great deal like the first cat that she remembers. A big Maine Coon named Sebastian.

This looks like Sebastian as a younger cat. It took me almost 2.5 years to stitch. It was from a kit I bought when Kasha's parents were married 20 years ago, when they first got Sebastian, and intended to do it sooner, but life got in the way. It was a horrible kit. The thread was inferior to what I usually use and I ran out of some of the colours before I hardly got started.

The kit was meant to be done on 14 count fabric with 2 threads. I hate working on that fabric count because I hate working with more than 1 thread. So I used an 18 count that works well with 1 thread. And I still ran out of thread!

Anyway, in spite of the horrible kit quality, it turned out quite nicely. My camera doesn't pick up the true colours, but the green inner mat almost matches exactly the green in the cat's eyes.

IMG_0055a.jpg
    [*stares at picture for 5 minutes*]

um... I don't think that's a watercol...

[*notices "and more" in thread title*]

[*glances up at text of post*]

[*quietly leaves*]
    The mangy pirates is not wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Pretty