Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I am sorry

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
    What about subjects like this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...g-Our-Religion ?

How do you counter crap like this?
    the bit from FirstFloor? As Pman said you ignore him as being an irrelevant buzz in the background. He's barely making any grammatical sense, let alone any logical point.

The bit about the numbers of Christian's declining in America? I look to the explosion of the size of the Church in China and rejoice. I look to the bravery exhibited by Christian martyrs in the face of the brutality of ISIS and I celebrate their boldness and steadfastness.

2 Tim 3:12 ESV Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Romans 8:31-35 ESV What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?

1 Peter 4:14-16 ESV If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.

James 1:2-3 ESV Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      Works fine for muslims, for the most part their countries have done an excellent job of resisting secular progressive rot.
      Yes, and their countries are third-world violent armpits of humanity.

And in the West atheists act against Christians with greater zeal than they do against muslims precisely because the former don't fight.
      We fight you because you want to turn places we live into Theo-Fascist armpits just like Islamic nations.

Comment

Because my people are bleeding.
        We aren't your people. You ain't God. Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
          We fight you because you want to turn places we live into Theo-Fascist armpits just like Islamic nations.
          Is this directed at DE in particular? Or are we talking about Christians in a general sense.
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
            Is this directed at DE in particular? Or are we talking about Christians in a general sense.
            It was directed at him and the other two weirdos.

Comment

It was directed at him and the other two weirdos.
              Would those be DLAbaoaqu and Paprika by any chance?
              “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                Would those be DLAbaoaqu and Paprika by any chance?
                You're on fire.

Comment

Your Christophobia is showing and you are only confirming everything I have been saying.
                  You are not helping.

Comment

Your Christophobia is showing and you are only confirming everything I have been saying.
                    You are not helping.
                    He's not saying that about all Christians. I think you need to talk to a pastor and counselor, and maybe even take a break from the internet.

Comment

I went borderline insane a few weeks back. This video sums up what was going through my mind all the while:

I would take a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                        True that you are. But those people are obviously scared of what he and his friends would do if they were to organize.

By themselves, Christians are nothing. United as one, they can throw off the yoke.

Keep in mind, Christ told us not to do harm to "our brothers", i.e. people in Christianity.
                        Those dogs mocking him are not his brothers. Therefore, "eye for an eye".
                        Last edited by DLAbaoaqu; 05-30-2015, 12:43 AM.

Comment

True that you are. But those people are obviously scared of what he and his friends would do if they were to organize.

By themselves, Christians are nothing. United as one, they can throw off the yoke.

Keep in mind, Christ told us not to do harm to "our brothers", i.e. people in Christianity.
                          Um, Jesus was kind to centurions, the soldiers of the hated oppressor. He told us to love our enemies. You want to go Rambo on them. See the difference?

Comment

We are to love our enemies, and pray for those who persecute us.

Matthew 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies
                            43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Nothing in there is restricting that to "brothers".

Comment

Peter chopped a soldier's ear off, and Jesus healed him, even though that soldier was there to arrest Him and take Him to die.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I have an idea, but would you mind telling us where you heard this interpretation?

Comment