Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I See Shadow..thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    They didn't have any explanations?

At least it's nothing serious!

Leave a comment:

• Scrawly
    replied
    Well I got my eyes checked and it appears there is nothing significant that would cause the sort of apparitions I am seeing. I guess there is only one last thing I can do...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Aren't those cells? I see those too sometimes when I'm staring into space and they look like the cells in your eye.

About the shapes, I sometimes see shapes only in my peripheral vision. They're usually white-type shapes that flash by me. The frequency comes and goes, and I only see them when I'm sitting in my room and have been staring at my computer for a long time. I especially see them the most when I'm fasting.
    Fasting and staring at a computer for a long time? Sounds like that's your explanation right there. Low blood sugar and eye strain.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Aren't those cells? I see those too sometimes when I'm staring into space and they look like the cells in your eye.

About the shapes, I sometimes see shapes only in my peripheral vision. They're usually white-type shapes that flash by me. The frequency comes and goes, and I only see them when I'm sitting in my room and have been staring at my computer for a long time. I especially see them the most when I'm fasting.
    I think that's an optical illusion. Like if you stare at a picture of an flag and then look at a white wall you will see different colors.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    well one way to tell if it is floaters is when you see them and you move your eye back and forth, they move with your eye.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
    Well, the fact that you felt the need to highlight that when the discussion was heading in the opposite direction makes me wonder if you wanted the discussion to go toward the paranormal.
    I was skeptical, yes. And, since WHEN to Tweb threads go in the direction they were intended?

I originally included it because I found it interesting. That is all.
    Carry on!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Are the shadow thingys wielding a Pin™?

If not, then go to the eye doctor.

NOW!

If they are, then you should be MORE worried.

Leave a comment:

• Scrawly
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This concerns me a bit. I'm wondering if you really wanted this discussion to go toward the paranormal.
    Well, the fact that you felt the need to highlight that when the discussion was heading in the opposite direction makes me wonder if you wanted the discussion to go toward the paranormal.

I originally included it because I found it interesting. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• Scrawly
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    Umm.... do what DB said, see the opthamologist, then see a neurologist. if he rules something out see a psychiatrist. Currently I see similar visual stuff, its partly related to excess fluid and pressure behind my eyes from the pregnancy. Its also somewhat complicated by two neurological meds I'm on. And yes I do suffer migraines with it. Trust me, have it evaluated so that you have some answers. This nearly always has a neurological/physiological explanation.
    Will do. Thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    Umm.... do what DB said, see the opthamologist, then see a neurologist. if he rules something out see a psychiatrist. Currently I see similar visual stuff, its partly related to excess fluid and pressure behind my eyes from the pregnancy. Its also somewhat complicated by two neurological meds I'm on. And yes I do suffer migraines with it. Trust me, have it evaluated so that you have some answers. This nearly always has a neurological/physiological explanation.
    Last edited by Catholicity; 06-18-2014, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Interestingly one gal mentioned that she snapped a few photos of the area where she saw these things, and the photo revealed orbs. Interestingly again, I have also came across videos of these orbed things as well on YT and interestingly once again, a witch commented on one of those videos that these orbs appear during her gatherings.

Now I don't want to jump into a spiritual dimension of the gaps, but please do tell what this phenomena actually is.
    This concerns me a bit. I'm wondering if you really wanted this discussion to go toward the paranormal.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    See an ophthalmologist. Some things are way over the pay grade of a optometrist.
    Yep. Did the optometrist dilate your eyes and do an examination of your retinas? Glaucoma test? Did you mention to him anything about the shadows? If not, see an ophthalmologist and do mention the shadow thing. He won't think you are crazy. He will try to find a reason.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    See an ophthalmologist. Some things are way over the pay grade of a optometrist.

Leave a comment:

• Scrawly
    replied
    Thanks for the responses ladies and gentlemen.

A few days ago I actually did in fact have a thorough eye examination by a very good optometrist and he said my eyes are fine except for the fact that I am due for a pair of glasses - could this be the reason I see these things? I highly doubt it.

PS: CCity I'm not currently taking any anti-depression pills, I'm not really taking anything except fish oil pills.
    PPS: Manwe the shadows are only fragments

Leave a comment:

• Cerealman
    replied
    So basically when I am going about my business - I could be reading, having a conversation, etc. I notice what can best be described as flashes of a partial shadow(s) scurrying about. These shadow thingies are often times quite small and blackish, although rarely I see white as well. Usually they appear and disappear quite quickly and sometimes it almost looks like "they" are striking me or another person.

Now, I have yet to mention this to my Dr. because I suffer no other side-effects and simply ignore it without issue. However, I did recently search this phenomena on the internet and others do experience it as well. Interestingly one gal mentioned that she snapped a few photos of the area where she saw these things, and the photo revealed orbs. Interestingly again, I have also came across videos of these orbed things as well on YT and interestingly once again, a witch commented on one of those videos that these orbs appear during her gatherings.

Now I don't want to jump into a spiritual dimension of the gaps, but please do tell what this phenomena actually is.
    I used to see those things growing up usually all human shaped but they just went away over time. The last one I think I ever saw " was the exact size and body as I was at the time staring right in front of me.
    Also except I wouldn't see them for a second and I could usually see an entire body motion and they would go away when I blinked.

Leave a comment: