Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I See Shadow..thingies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I See Shadow..thingies

So basically when I am going about my business - I could be reading, having a conversation, etc. I notice what can best be described as flashes of a partial shadow(s) scurrying about. These shadow thingies are often times quite small and blackish, although rarely I see white as well. Usually they appear and disappear quite quickly and sometimes it almost looks like "they" are striking me or another person.

Now, I have yet to mention this to my Dr. because I suffer no other side-effects and simply ignore it without issue. However, I did recently search this phenomena on the internet and others do experience it as well. Interestingly one gal mentioned that she snapped a few photos of the area where she saw these things, and the photo revealed orbs. Interestingly again, I have also came across videos of these orbed things as well on YT and interestingly once again, a witch commented on one of those videos that these orbs appear during her gatherings.

Now I don't want to jump into a spiritual dimension of the gaps, but please do tell what this phenomena actually is.

When did this start? Are they people-shaped?

Comment

you could have an eye problem. Have your vision checked out, and get a retinal exam (where they dilate your eyes and look at your retina). Also make sure they do a glaucoma test.

Another thing that can cause visual effects is migraines. Sometimes migraines don't actually hurt, but they can cause visual problems. One time I was looking at a computer screen and it all of a sudden began looking like the colors were melting and running, like hot wax. It freaked me out. It only lasted a few seconds. I went to see a doctor and was told that it could have been a migraine. I told him I never had a migraine or any such effect before, and he told me that it doesn't have to be something that reoccurs, that it could be a one time thing. I never had it happen again.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...e/faq-20058113
      Last edited by Sparko; 06-17-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Without knowing the context of the situation I don't think much of us can comment on what's really going on. Things like when did it start, how often does it happen, does it happen in any specific places more often etc.

Comment

Have your eyes checked. Have a brain scan. You also might need a dose adjustment of your happy pills. (seriously that can cause shadow things if you need them or need your dose adjusted or just started happy pills) migraine thing too.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

See your eye doctor. Now. Could be floaters, or could be early signs of retina detachment. Or other things. Go. Don't delay.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              See your eye doctor. Now. Could be floaters, or could be early signs of retina detachment. Or other things. Go. Don't delay.
              Ditto, it's probably just floaters, but better safe than sorry.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

How many ways can I say this?........GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  you could have an eye problem. Have your vision checked out, and get a retinal exam (where they dilate your eyes and look at your retina). Also make sure they do a glaucoma test.
                  My wife, in addition to dealing with breast cancer, went to the doctor yesterday because she's ALSO having these symptoms. Doc dilated her eyes, and did a very intensive "look see"... found she did, in fact, have a "floater" which was dark, but retina was not detached or detaching, and Doc said "sometimes this happens - nothing you can do for it except surgery, which is VERY risky with no guaranty of success". NOT what my wife wanted to hear, but at least she has the satisfaction of knowing it's nothing more serious -- just incredibly bothersome.

Doc said "it will eventually settle to the bottom of your eyeball, but for now, you just have to deal with it". And she also has migraines.

How many ways can I say this?........GO!
                  YEAH! Cause it COULD be something more serious, and / or TREATABLE!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

well one way to tell if it is floaters is when you see them and you move your eye back and forth, they move with your eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                      So basically when I am going about my business - I could be reading, having a conversation, etc. I notice what can best be described as flashes of a partial shadow(s) scurrying about. These shadow thingies are often times quite small and blackish, although rarely I see white as well. Usually they appear and disappear quite quickly and sometimes it almost looks like "they" are striking me or another person.

Now, I have yet to mention this to my Dr. because I suffer no other side-effects and simply ignore it without issue. However, I did recently search this phenomena on the internet and others do experience it as well. Interestingly one gal mentioned that she snapped a few photos of the area where she saw these things, and the photo revealed orbs. Interestingly again, I have also came across videos of these orbed things as well on YT and interestingly once again, a witch commented on one of those videos that these orbs appear during her gatherings.

Now I don't want to jump into a spiritual dimension of the gaps, but please do tell what this phenomena actually is.
                      I used to see those things growing up usually all human shaped but they just went away over time. The last one I think I ever saw " was the exact size and body as I was at the time staring right in front of me.
                      Also except I wouldn't see them for a second and I could usually see an entire body motion and they would go away when I blinked.
                      "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Thanks for the responses ladies and gentlemen.

A few days ago I actually did in fact have a thorough eye examination by a very good optometrist and he said my eyes are fine except for the fact that I am due for a pair of glasses - could this be the reason I see these things? I highly doubt it.

PS: CCity I'm not currently taking any anti-depression pills, I'm not really taking anything except fish oil pills.
                        PPS: Manwe the shadows are only fragments

Comment

See an ophthalmologist. Some things are way over the pay grade of a optometrist.

Comment

See an ophthalmologist. Some things are way over the pay grade of a optometrist.
                            Yep. Did the optometrist dilate your eyes and do an examination of your retinas? Glaucoma test? Did you mention to him anything about the shadows? If not, see an ophthalmologist and do mention the shadow thing. He won't think you are crazy. He will try to find a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                              Interestingly one gal mentioned that she snapped a few photos of the area where she saw these things, and the photo revealed orbs. Interestingly again, I have also came across videos of these orbed things as well on YT and interestingly once again, a witch commented on one of those videos that these orbs appear during her gatherings.

This concerns me a bit. I'm wondering if you really wanted this discussion to go toward the paranormal.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment