Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I am giving up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Things are getting worse in the West, yes. There is little left of the old moral rules to restrain evil. The demonic and the utterly depraved is coming into the open.
    And how are things going with you in Russia, comrade?

Comment

Hi, it's February 2020 and I'm still unemployed. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker View Post
        Hi, it's February 2020 and I'm still unemployed. Just sayin'.
        I am sorry to hear that. What have you been doing to try to find a job?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I am sorry to hear that. What have you been doing to try to find a job?
          Been doing some applying tests to work for the City (last time as a school security worker).

Comment

Been doing some applying tests to work for the City (last time as a school security worker).
            Have you been trying the online job sites like Monster and Careerbuilder?

Comment

Indeed.com is a great resource. They pull jobs from a lot of other boards. Also, do you have any friends who can recommend you to a boss for a job? Networking is still where it's at.
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Indeed.com is a great resource. They pull jobs from a lot of other boards. Also, do you have any friends who can recommend you to a boss for a job? Networking is still where it's at.
                Yeah, see if there's something like a "Between Jobs Ministry" available. Our Church is involved in this one....

They actually have hiring managers attend the meetings, and interviews that take place right there on the grounds, and it's not unusual at all for hiring managers to hire somebody right there on the spot.

And, remember - you might have to do something temporarily that you don't like in order to earn the job you really want.
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Have you considered something like driving for Uber or Lyft as a temporary job? You might even meet someone who can get you a nice job during a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Have you considered something like driving for Uber or Lyft as a temporary job? You might even meet someone who can get you a nice job during a ride.
                    I think ''Lyft'' is a US-based-only service. You probably forgot that I am from Brazil.

There's Uber over here though, and I just got my driver's license (thank goodness for that).

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yeah, see if there's something like a "Between Jobs Ministry" available. Our Church is involved in this one....

They actually have hiring managers attend the meetings, and interviews that take place right there on the grounds, and it's not unusual at all for hiring managers to hire somebody right there on the spot.

And, remember - you might have to do something temporarily that you don't like in order to earn the job you really want.
                      That's very funny -- I will work on a Church on the opposite side of the continent, and whose ''god'' I don't even believe in, on top of everything! If that's the closest opportunity I have, then I am definitely screwed.

Comment

Update: it's June 2020 and I still don't have a job.

Comment

...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Yeah...even Uber would have been hit by the coronavirus.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Given the present state of the world, you are far from alone.

What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing? [Apart that is from posting on internet boards!]
                              "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

Comment

Update: I finished my degree on IT Management. Now I have to send out resumates, but hope is scarce. :(

Comment