Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Silence and Stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silence and Stress

Source: enlightened-consciousness.com

Studies show that noise has a powerful physical effect on our brains, causing elevated levels of stress hormones. Sound travels to the brain as electrical signals via the ear. Even when we are sleeping these sound waves cause the body to react and activate the amygdala, the part of the brain associated with memory and emotion, leading to the release of stress hormones. So, living in a consistently noisy environment will cause you to experience extremely high levels of these harmful hormones.

Interestingly, the word noise is said to come from the Latin word nausia, (disgust or nausea) or the Latin word noxia, meaning hurt, damage or injury. Noise has been linked to high blood pressure, heart disease, tinnitus and loss of sleep. We’ve all experienced the detrimental effects of noise pollution. Excessive noise can be a major affront to the physical senses and today, more and more people are identifying as highly sensitive and unable to function in chaotic and noisy environments. But now science has the proof not only that noise hurts, but also that silence heals.

© Copyright Original Source

The rest of the article is interesting as well.

Source
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Not saying the article is wrong or anything, but...

enlightened-consciousness.com
    Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Not saying the article is wrong or anything, but...

Eh?
      Just where I saw the article shared from.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Just where I saw the article shared from.
        Other articles from the same site:

How Do I Know If I’m An Indigo Child/Adult? Here Are 25 Characteristics

Self-Mastership: Become your Own True Love

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Other articles from the same site:

How Do I Know If I’m An Indigo Child/Adult? Here Are 25 Characteristics

Self-Mastership: Become your Own True Love
          Do you have something against enlightenment?

Comment

Do you have something against enlightenment?
            I think endarkenment is the way to go.

Comment

I think endarkenment is the way to go.
              That's how we got a secular Europe.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                That's how we got a secular Europe.

That was the dark ages. different animal altogether. I would explain it to you but your porcine mind would not be able to understand.

Comment

You guys look like you could use some quiet time.

Comment

That was the dark ages. different animal altogether. I would explain it to you but your porcine mind would not be able to understand.
                    Not at all. I am referring to the period popularly, but inaccurately, called "The Enlightenment."

Besides, the "dark ages" is a myth spawned by the misnamed "Enlightenment."
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You guys look like you could use some quiet time.
                      Death metal is therapeutic.

sigpic

Comment

I find both clamor and total silence equally uncomfortable.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Not at all. I am referring to the period popularly, but inaccurately, called "The Enlightenment."

Besides, the "dark ages" is a myth spawned by the misnamed "Enlightenment."
                          exactly.

But the endarkenment is all about bacon and rum.

Comment

exactly.

But the endarkenment is all about bacon and rum.
                            But I want WHITE rum!

sigpic

Comment

But I want WHITE rum!
                              Racist!

Comment