Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Repeat Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Many experts say that reading in a dream is impossible because it involves a part of the brain that is basically shut down during sleep. Essentially, you know what something says rather than actually reading the words.

I found that was true for when I actually focused on what I read rather than "reading it" the letters were more like ever-shifting glyphs and symbols and not even real letters.

So I made it a quest to read in a dream. Failed time after time. I kept knowing what was written rather than reading it.

Then one night, I clearly read a single word written on an advertisement on a passing bus (for some reason that was where I did a lot of my attempts at reading). Don't recall what it was by I immediately woke up after accomplishing it.

So I know from experience that in spite of what they say, one can actually read in a dream and not just know what is "written"
    I can read in dreams and read clocks (something else said you can't do).

Comment

I can't read very much in dreams. Just a couple words at most. My reasoning in the dream is that I don't have my glasses.

Comment

I cook a lot in dreams. Cowboy style - different methods. Usually "on the trail" or out in the wilderness. I am usually with a couple friends, and I'll cook a rabbit or grill some fish we caught. And it often doesn't make sense --- in the middle of a business meeting at Church, I'll have a camp stove going, frying up some bacon or even grilling a steak.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          in the middle of a business meeting at Church, I'll have a camp stove going, frying up some bacon or even grilling a steak.
          The quintessential servant, are you clad in a towel?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I cook a lot in dreams. Cowboy style - different methods. Usually "on the trail" or out in the wilderness. I am usually with a couple friends, and I'll cook a rabbit or grill some fish we caught. And it often doesn't make sense --- in the middle of a business meeting at Church, I'll have a camp stove going, frying up some bacon or even grilling a steak.
            Bacon always makes sense.

Comment

I was recently reading about one of the new renditions of Star Trek and how the producers wanted a captain with less "toxic masculinity," so they have him hold meetings in his quarters where he also cooks for everyone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I was recently reading about one of the new renditions of Star Trek and how the producers wanted a captain with less "toxic masculinity," so they have him hold meetings in his quarters where he also cooks for everyone.
                I am infamous for "stand up meetings". If I have a staff meeting, unless there are things that need discussion, I'll just have people come in for a "stand up meeting" where we can have coffee - maybe even donuts or kolaches - but not sit down.

The minute you sit down, it turns into a one-hour or longer meeting. THEN I could cook for them!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

The quintessential servant, are you clad in a towel?
                  Funny you should mention that --- at home, yes. And in my dreams, often. Not so much "clad in one", but one hanging from my belt so I can wipe my hands.

Comment

That's also why they have been routinely omitting Captain Kirk from Star Trek posters and advertising.

Comment

Ugh. And the captain would give them a hug if they were feeling blue?

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

That's also why they have been routinely omitting Captain Kirk from Star Trek posters and advertising.
                      My original interest in Star Trek was precisely because of Kirk and his portrayal by Shatner. I still think he is the main draw of the original series (for me anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Ugh. And the captain would give them a hug if they were feeling blue?
                        Given recent stuff, probably.

My original interest in Star Trek was precisely because of Kirk and his portrayal by Shatner. I still think he is the main draw of the original series (for me anyway).
                        For me it was Spock. Still, the level of disrespect for Kirk is way out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

They referenced "captains" who had too much "toxic masculinity." So who are the other ones? Janeway?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They referenced "captains" who had too much "toxic masculinity." So who are the other ones? Janeway?

picard.jpg
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-29-2024, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Probably Captain Archer.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X