Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Repeat Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have that dream that seemed really common - that I was in High School, and suddenly realized...
    A) I wasn't wearing pants
    2) There was a big Final Exam or something that I had totally forgotten about, and for which I had not studied at all.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah I had that teeth one a few times before.
      Supposedly that one is due to having insecurities about your appearance.

Another one I have is I find myself going back to my old house that I had before I bought my current one. And I don't even like that old house. But for some reason I am back there. Another one with a house is I am in some unknown house with a lot of rooms and I can't find my way out.
      That one is also pretty common, and I've had it too.

Sometimes I have lucid dreams, where I am aware I am in a dream. I love those because I can do anything I want, including flying. But generally knowing I am in a dream means I can't maintain it too long and I wake up.
      Those are fun, but they are pretty rare, and as you said it is hard to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Long ago, I had one that repeated nightly for over a week. Scene by scene.

In fact, there was a part where I had to fight this bear-like ogre in a room made of ice and the last time I actually apologized for having to kill him again -- and proceeded to kill him yet again.
        That reminds me of what I heard about PTSD related dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I used to have that dream that seemed really common - that I was in High School, and suddenly realized...
          A) I wasn't wearing pants
          2) There was a big Final Exam or something that I had totally forgotten about, and for which I had not studied at all.
          unprepared... and pantless! That was time to take control of the dream and hide out in the girl's locker room smiley dirtyflirt.gif

Hey, a fella can dream can't he?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            *** This is not a debate thread. Anyone arguing or insulting will be immediately banned from the thread and their post deleted. ***

I've had a repeat dream for a few decades now. The circumstances always are different in them, but there's one theme that repeats. I can fly (more like glide on the air currents) and no matter where I am, when I fly, my favorite place to be is in the middle of a storm cloud watching the lightning all around me and gliding on the currents... No one around, nothing else to see... just me and the clouds.

Do you have a recurring dream in your life that you'd like to share?
            A Freudian might hold that recurring dreams of being able to fly contained symbolic references that may include a desire for power and/or control with the act of flying symbolising freedom by breaking the natural human constraints. Or it may simply represent feelings of elation in some aspect of your life, sexual or not, represented by breaking the bonds of earth and soaring high above it.
            Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 02-22-2024, 03:17 AM.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Reading the accounts most of these dreams sound like anxiety dreams. Being unprepared in various ways, not properly dressed, forgetting something important like an exam, not being able to find something, having difficulty in finding one's way out of somewhere, hitting dead ends, being falsely imprisoned, etc.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

A Freudian might hold that recurring dreams of being able to fly contained symbolic references that may include a desire for power and/or control with the act of flying symbolising freedom by breaking the natural human constraints. Or it may simply represent feelings of elation in some aspect of your life, sexual or not, represented by breaking the bonds of earth and soaring high above it.
                ...and touching the face of God.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In some ways I've been fortunate not to have many nightmares, reoccurring dreams, anxiety dreams, or superhuman dreams like flying.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Lately, I've been sleeping soundly, and wake up refreshed, not remembering any dreams at all.

Comment

Or it may be something that is cool and fun.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Lately, I've been sleeping soundly, and wake up refreshed, not remembering any dreams at all.
                        Been doing that for nearly two years until early last week where I woke up from a dream that I could recall in full detail in order to use the bathroom. Then went right back into the dream after going back to bed.

Basically, I was supplying high end antique furniture to a store run by a pair of gorgeous women who were complaining that most of the stuff I got was from Philadelphia and I needed to find more variety.

I didn't say it was an exciting dream.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Or it may be something that is cool and fun.
                          Is it usual for grown men to fantasise when conscious about being able to fly?

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

People, including grown men, have not only fantasized about it but kept trying to make it a reality. That's how we got things like aircraft and skydiving.

Comment

You're kinda drifting into debate, contrary to the wishes of the OP, maybe.

Comment

You're kinda drifting into debate, contrary to the wishes of the OP, maybe.
                                It was merely a question in response to a speculative comment.

As I have noted most of the dreams recounted here appear to be expressing anxiety of one sort or another.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X