Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Repeat Dreams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Repeat Dreams

    *** This is not a debate thread. Anyone arguing or insulting will be immediately banned from the thread and their post deleted. ***

    I've had a repeat dream for a few decades now. The circumstances always are different in them, but there's one theme that repeats. I can fly (more like glide on the air currents) and no matter where I am, when I fly, my favorite place to be is in the middle of a storm cloud watching the lightning all around me and gliding on the currents... No one around, nothing else to see... just me and the clouds.


    Do you have a recurring dream in your life that you'd like to share?
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    I keep dreaming I’m still in high school and can either not remember where my locker is, or my locker combination.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • #3
      I tend to have a lot of recurring nightmares. Sometimes it is the one where all of my teeth fall out at the same time. Sometimes it is some random creature eating me alive. Rarely do I get something more fun like getting the abilities of some of my favorite fictional characters like Samus or Ben 10.

      Comment


      • #4
        My wife has one that causes here to let out muffled screams in her sleep - and when I wake her and ask her what she was dreaming, she tells me she was in a public bathroom and somebody was trying to get her. Then she goes back to sleep and I'm wide awake.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #5
          I occasionallly dream that I'm in a city, and about to leave. I can't remember where I parked my car, or sometimes what kind of car I have, or if I even have a car. And I'm wandering through the streets looking for my car.
          When I Survey....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            *** This is not a debate thread. Anyone arguing or insulting will be immediately banned from the thread and their post deleted. ***

            I've had a repeat dream for a few decades now. The circumstances always are different in them, but there's one theme that repeats. I can fly (more like glide on the air currents) and no matter where I am, when I fly, my favorite place to be is in the middle of a storm cloud watching the lightning all around me and gliding on the currents... No one around, nothing else to see... just me and the clouds.


            Do you have a recurring dream in your life that you'd like to share?
            Long ago, I had one that repeated nightly for over a week. Scene by scene.

            In fact, there was a part where I had to fight this bear-like ogre in a room made of ice and the last time I actually apologized for having to kill him again -- and proceeded to kill him yet again.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              There are times when I'm dreaming that I somehow know it's a dream, because I see things that I know are against the laws of physics*, and I just think (in my dream), "well, it's OK, cause it's just a dream, and things don't have to make sense in a dream".


              *somebody just calmly walks right through a wall and sits down at a dinner table with me, or my wife picks me up off the couch where I fell asleep and carries me into the bedroom...
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Three recurring dreams.

                1) I get this one a lot lately. I am trying to get from point A to B - usually to get to a customer location - and I keep hitting dead ends and have to backtrack and find another route. I can be driving, but usually I am on foot and going through industrial-type alleys with lots of buildings in my way.

                2) I am in a prison but I know I was wrongly incarcerated. I can't contact anyone to get me out, and sometimes I am in a foreign country, usually Mexico.

                3) I don't get this one anymore but used to get it often; I am near the ocean when a tsunami hits. I am desperately trying to find high ground or a tall building, but have lots of difficulty.

                I wish I had pleasant recurring dreams!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Faber View Post
                  I occasionallly dream that I'm in a city, and about to leave. I can't remember where I parked my car, or sometimes what kind of car I have, or if I even have a car. And I'm wandering through the streets looking for my car.
                  That sounds a lot like the types of frustrating dreams that I have.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    I tend to have a lot of recurring nightmares. Sometimes it is the one where all of my teeth fall out at the same time. Sometimes it is some random creature eating me alive. Rarely do I get something more fun like getting the abilities of some of my favorite fictional characters like Samus or Ben 10.
                    Yeah I had that teeth one a few times before.

                    Another one I have is I find myself going back to my old house that I had before I bought my current one. And I don't even like that old house. But for some reason I am back there. Another one with a house is I am in some unknown house with a lot of rooms and I can't find my way out.

                    Sometimes I have lucid dreams, where I am aware I am in a dream. I love those because I can do anything I want, including flying. But generally knowing I am in a dream means I can't maintain it too long and I wake up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      There are times when I'm dreaming that I somehow know it's a dream, because I see things that I know are against the laws of physics*, and I just think (in my dream), "well, it's OK, cause it's just a dream, and things don't have to make sense in a dream".


                      *somebody just calmly walks right through a wall and sits down at a dinner table with me, or my wife picks me up off the couch where I fell asleep and carries me into the bedroom...
                      When something defies the laws of physics and I notice it I tend to "correct" the dream -- particularly if it's something that I don't like.

                      Once I had a revolver jam in a dream. One I knew it was all but impossible for a jam to occur in. I got angry and declared that this gun couldn't jam so I pointed it and said "Bang!" and it worked


                      But usually it's stuff like running through an old neighborhood and suddenly finding myself in Barney Rubble's garage. With those I just go with the flow.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        Three recurring dreams.

                        1) I get this one a lot lately. I am trying to get from point A to B - usually to get to a customer location - and I keep hitting dead ends and have to backtrack and find another route. I can be driving, but usually I am on foot and going through industrial-type alleys with lots of buildings in my way.

                        2) I am in a prison but I know I was wrongly incarcerated. I can't contact anyone to get me out, and sometimes I am in a foreign country, usually Mexico.

                        3) I don't get this one anymore but used to get it often; I am near the ocean when a tsunami hits. I am desperately trying to find high ground or a tall building, but have lots of difficulty.

                        I wish I had pleasant recurring dreams!
                        Many of the dreams I recount I'm told sound like a nightmare where in fact to me is nothing but a fun adventure.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Another one I have is I find myself going back to my old house that I had before I bought my current one. And I don't even like that old house.
                          Oh yeah! How I could I forget that recurring nightmare! I hated a condo I lived in during the 80s, and I would find myself back there because the escrow collapsed (or some dumb dream excuse). Haven't had that one for a few years now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                            Oh yeah! How I could I forget that recurring nightmare! I hated a condo I lived in during the 80s, and I would find myself back there because the escrow collapsed (or some dumb dream excuse). Haven't had that one for a few years now.
                            Yeah I always have some rationalization of why I am back there. One time it was because the current owners were out of town and I needed a place to stay temporarily (I can't remember the reason right now) and so I broke in and stayed in my old house. One time it was the apocalypse and I ran into the house to avoid zombies or something. But that was a lousy house. 1 Bedroom shotgun house I got from HUD back in 1988. The person I sold it to fixed it up a bit and rents it out to college students last I heard.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                              Yeah I always have some rationalization of why I am back there. One time it was because the current owners were out of town and I needed a place to stay temporarily (I can't remember the reason right now) and so I broke in and stayed in my old house. One time it was the apocalypse and I ran into the house to avoid zombies or something. But that was a lousy house. 1 Bedroom shotgun house I got from HUD back in 1988. The person I sold it to fixed it up a bit and rents it out to college students last I heard.
                              I suspect my nightmare had more to do with autophobia, or being left behind. Granted, it was a hovel in a rotten neighborhood, but I lived there with a friend and with my brother for 7 years, and then the final 2 years I lived there alone. They moved out of the area and on to better accommodations while I was stuck trying to fix the place up so it could be sold. For a while, I thought it could never meet code so it could be sold, and I would be stuck there forever. I finally got it up to California code and got out.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X