Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Schizoaffectation..... is this how we react to our police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post
    I agree. Many bullies do find that 'standing up' is easy..... And 'yes', the word 'bully' is so distasteful here (UK) that a political enemy can damage a reputation with such a claim. It's a similar situation with some claims of Anti-Semitism, but I only offer gthat as an example because a political leaser was forced out of office with that claim and it wasn't even necessary to produce any evidence.
    There has been a major shift in society where people used to be able to do almost anything and get away with it to people merely being accused of something can cost them their livelihood. This "believe the accuser regardless of evidence" mentality needs to go.

[quote[It's not far off. The car is a Jaguar SUV and she does indeed drive aggressively.[/quote]

It sounds like something from a 90s cartoon.

Your actions seem to have worked, then. Very good.

I still prefer such harsh methods as a last resort but sometimes people need to hear something even if it upsets them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

There has been a major shift in society where people used to be able to do almost anything and get away with it to people merely being accused of something can cost them their livelihood. This "believe the accuser regardless of evidence" mentality needs to go.
      It always was so........ the words that can crush a reputation. Hundreds of years ago the word was 'witch' and many a widow was killed by locals and her land/property divided among them.
      I notice that today one of the destructive titles is 'sex offender' or 'pervert' even if a person is not. An easy knife in the back.
      Give a dog a bad name and it is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

It always was so........ the words that can crush a reputation. Hundreds of years ago the word was 'witch' and many a widow was killed by locals and her land/property divided among them.
        I notice that today one of the destructive titles is 'sex offender' or 'pervert' even if a person is not. An easy knife in the back.
        Give a dog a bad name and it is doomed.
        It's true that there has always been some level of this but recently it seems to be more common. I suppose it's possible I'm just seeing it more now.

Comment

It's true that there has always been some level of this but recently it seems to be more common. I suppose it's possible I'm just seeing it more now.
          Yes.... I think that you are seeing 'assassination by name calling' more, because IT media stretches so far and wide.

And people tend to believe the bad much more easily than any good.

Folks will believe a declaration about something bad much more quickly than some very impressive claim.

I used that principle all gthe time. If I was ever instructed to carry out observations where vehicles could not park or where no place for discreet observation existed I would dress in my gardening clothes, fill a gin bottle with water and sit down or lean at wherever I needed to keep watch. As long as the local police knew about me and I was given an OIS (operational information system) number I could simply disappear to the world. One of my mates preferred to wear high-viz clothing, carry a clip-board and a clicker-counter and appear as a traffic census operative, but he was always being interrupted by nosy people who wanted to ask questions........ I was always left alone. .

Comment

Now I'm picturing an old lady driving around a neighborhood in a monster truck terrorizing the people there. I know that's not what's happening but that's what comes to mind when reading that.
            I vaguely remember reading a study regarding women drivers and larger SUVs that found they can get very aggressive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I vaguely remember reading a study regarding women drivers and larger SUVs that found they can get very aggressive.
              A very interesting characteristic in a few smaller/weaker people is how any kind of strength or power can turn them in to a tyrant/bully, whether in the work place, on the road or anywhere else.

Comment