Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Schizoaffectation..... is this how we react to our police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schizoaffectation..... is this how we react to our police?

Do we love our police or hate them?
    Do we hate some police and love other police?
    Some folks hate all police.
    Other folks love all police.

Or are we Schizoaffected about our police?

We've been watching the riots in France on BBC news...... the government has raised retirement-age by two years and many police have been injured while trying to control the demonstrations and quell the riots.

We have seen riots here in the UK, and I remember seeing/hearing a young woman as she called out 'Kill the ----ing cops!' to all around.

Can you 'Scratch a cop and they bleed 'sexist racism' and yet scratch another cop and they bleed 'homely parental care' ???

In the UK our largest police force has been disgraced by a recent murder, rapes and cover ups that it has committed. It has also saved lives from terrorists in plain view of our cameras for all to see.

Are we all Schizoaffected in our views?

As someone who in January-February of 2019 was stopped eleven times for having a headlight out and getting only a warning every single time, I believe I'm pretty good at how I react around the police.

In fact, I strongly advice people to watch Chris Rock's educational video on the subject -- How not to get your [butt] kicked by the police. Unfortunately, due to Chris' propensity toward crude language, I cannot directly link to it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
      Do we love our police or hate them?
      Do we hate some police and love other police?
      Some folks hate all police.
      Other folks love all police.

Or are we Schizoaffected about our police?

We've been watching the riots in France on BBC news...... the government has raised retirement-age by two years and many police have been injured while trying to control the demonstrations and quell the riots.

We have seen riots here in the UK, and I remember seeing/hearing a young woman as she called out 'Kill the ----ing cops!' to all around.

Can you 'Scratch a cop and they bleed 'sexist racism' and yet scratch another cop and they bleed 'homely parental care' ???

In the UK our largest police force has been disgraced by a recent murder, rapes and cover ups that it has committed. It has also saved lives from terrorists in plain view of our cameras for all to see.

Are we all Schizoaffected in our views?
      I think you answered it yourself with. "Some folks hate all police. Other folks love all police". With identity politics infesting everything group identity matters more than personal character to a large amount of people. It's unfortunate that it's come to this.

Comment

I am suspicious of police, because of personal experiences. I certainly don't hate them just because they're cops because that is simple bigotry, hating someone based on criteria other than who they are.

BUT... because they have a position of power it makes me wary. I can't help but wonder why they chose that profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I am suspicious of police, because of personal experiences. I certainly don't hate them just because they're cops because that is simple bigotry, hating someone based on criteria other than who they are.

BUT... because they have a position of power it makes me wary. I can't help but wonder why they chose that profession.
          That is a very understandable and reasonable position. Power corrupts many people and bad people tend to seek it out. Unfortunately more people who have been harmed by the police go with the option of hating all of them. It's an understandable response but not a reasonable one. This just continues the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            As someone who in January-February of 2019 was stopped eleven times for having a headlight out and getting only a warning every single time, I believe I'm pretty good at how I react around the police.

In fact, I strongly advice people to watch Chris Rock's educational video on the subject -- How not to get your [butt] kicked by the police. Unfortunately, due to Chris' propensity toward crude language, I cannot directly link to it.
            Such a great bit.

But yeah, I don't know that there are ever more than two consecutive sentences without "swear words."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I have never had a bad experience with police, but knowing human nature, I am wary of people in positions of power

If you recall the Tom Cruise version of Jack Reacher explaining why people join the military, I think the explanation is similar for police, with "killing people" replaced by "being a bully."

"There are four types of people who join the military. For some, it's a family trade. Others are patriots, eager to serve. Next, you have those who just need a job. Than there's the kind who want a legal means of killing other people."
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I guess I must be unusual in yet another way.

I've had run ins with bad cops. Both crooked ones and bullies. Often enough that I could provide several good examples.

I've also had more than one encounter with cops who were incredibly friendly and fair.

Yet, I don't see them in an adversarial way. Nor am I some sort of fanboi.

I judge each one individually.

Imagine that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I have never had a bad experience with police, but knowing human nature, I am wary of people in positions of power

If you recall the Tom Cruise version of Jack Reacher explaining why people join the military, I think the explanation is similar for police, with "killing people" replaced by "being a bully."

"There are four types of people who join the military. For some, it's a family trade. Others are patriots, eager to serve. Next, you have those who just need a job. Than there's the kind who want a legal means of killing other people."
                  I'd add a fifth category: Control freaks. That's what I've run into several times. "Stand up. Turn around. Hands on your head. Kneel. Grovel, ingratiate yourself." Because I was five miles over the speed limit? Or I had a tail light out? Way too many of those types out there - again, based on my experience. I'm not sure I would call them bullies, but almost.

Comment

The trick is, to check your lights. That's easy for me to say now because my little E-scooter has LED lights all round and I check my wife's little jeep every day for her.

I'll google him.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I think you answered it yourself with. "Some folks hate all police. Other folks love all police". With identity politics infesting everything group identity matters more than personal character to a large amount of people. It's unfortunate that it's come to this.
                      It depends who you are, how you dress, where you are, what you drive..... around here.
                      Some years ago a neighbour became an absolute problem. I reported them to the police and got nowhere, so I asked my wife to report them to the police and they got a warning letter delivered the same day. You need a degree in 'obtaining police help'

Comment

It's not a bad career here, some exciting days, a secure income, brilliant insurance and pension plans....... the downside is that respect for humanity can be destroyed.... they just don't get enough counselling to reset their brains to normal-human-feelings. They begin to think that all the public are daft.

Comment

I guess I must be unusual in yet another way.

I've had run ins with bad cops. Both crooked ones and bullies. Often enough that I could provide several good examples.

I've also had more than one encounter with cops who were incredibly friendly and fair.

Yet, I don't see them in an adversarial way. Nor am I some sort of fanboi.

I judge each one individually.

Imagine that.
                          I like that......
                          Bad cops here are slowly being edged out, but not fast enough. The recent murder of a young lady by a cop and several cop rapes have put policing under the spotlight.

Comment

The trick is, to check your lights. That's easy for me to say now because my little E-scooter has LED lights all round and I check my wife's little jeep every day for her.

I'll google him.....
                            I knew it was out. It had been out for nearly two years after a hit-and-run accident on the highway. But it required an entire assembly that was +$250 for an old Dodge over 20 years old. Everyone kept saying I could get it cheaper at a junkyard or on Craig's List etc. but everyone who looked came up empty handed.

I ended up getting a Lexus and donating the car.

Comment

It depends who you are, how you dress, where you are, what you drive..... around here.
                              Some years ago a neighbour became an absolute problem. I reported them to the police and got nowhere, so I asked my wife to report them to the police and they got a warning letter delivered the same day. You need a degree in 'obtaining police help'
                              That is a factor too but far from the only one.

Comment