Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I Beat AT&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    I was an Civil Engineering designer. There is usually a utility easement 5 - 10 feet from the street into your property that allows them to put in utilities without your permission. Encroaching into this easement by you with say a fence, or blocking it with a vehicle is technically illegal. The company can take down your fence or tow your vehicle with no repercussions. You are lucky they backed down. They may have just bored under your property instead of trenching and ran it anyway.
    They would be hard pressed to find a local towing service that would tow an RV with someone inside of it.

I fully expected to lose this war since AT&T has all the money and attorneys, but I wanted to make them suffer along the way; to make things as difficult and expensive as possible. I doubt that it would change their behavior (Arrogant Thievery & Treachery) but every drop in the bucket counts.

Again, the issue is that AT&T refuses to provide me any service (assuming I wanted it) so to have such a private company digging holes on my property - to no benefit to me - was too much to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I have Disney +, Netflix, Discovery +, Prime Video, Paramount + and Youtube TV, and I am paying less than I was for Cable.
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I have the AT&T bundle. Paying $15 more than when I signed up in 2011 but also have HBO now.
      I keep singing praises to anyone who'll listen to get Cinema streaming app, although I now prefer the Nova app. They're free. They used to be borderline illegal, but they now have a commercial at the end of their streams from legit companies (I've even seen Disney advertise on Cinema). And since I'm done watching at the end of my streams, I just turn the commercials off.

Pretty much anything that you can get on services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney (etc) you can get on these apps. The only thing you can't get is brand new shows on their first airings. It usually takes a couple days before you can watch on these.

Comment

All I need is bottom line.

My bill has gone up a little over $15 in 11 years and I got HBO since that time.

Now, every year I have to watch for when my contract expires at which time I call Customer LOYALTY (not Customer Service) who are usually happy to find their best current running offer
        I got tired of playing the game and having to jump through hoops to get a better price. If I am a valued long term customer, then they should be treating me like one all the time, not just when I call and threaten to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I keep singing praises to anyone who'll listen to get Cinema streaming app, although I now prefer the Nova app. They're free. They used to be borderline illegal, but they now have a commercial at the end of their streams from legit companies (I've even seen Disney advertise on Cinema). And since I'm done watching at the end of my streams, I just turn the commercials off.

Pretty much anything that you can get on services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney (etc) you can get on these apps. The only thing you can't get is brand new shows on their first airings. It usually takes a couple days before you can watch on these.
          Looking those up, they seem to be android apps. I have an iPhone, Windows PCs, and Roku TVs. Those apps don't appear to be available for those.

Comment

I got tired of playing the game and having to jump through hoops to get a better price. If I am a valued long term customer, then they should be treating me like one all the time, not just when I call and threaten to quit.
            Good luck with that. Companies traditionally treat "valued long term customers" like dog squeeze, walking right over you to greet the new customer -- until you threaten to cancel.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Good luck with that. Companies traditionally treat "valued long term customers" like dog squeeze, walking right over you to greet the new customer -- until you threaten to cancel.
              But I didn't just threaten, I actually cancelled. And I am much happier for it.

Comment

Looking those up, they seem to be android apps. I have an iPhone, Windows PCs, and Roku TVs. Those apps don't appear to be available for those.
                I forgot to add that they require Amazon Fire Stick. I don't believe they will work with Roku on your TV.

Comment

I still have AT&T, but it's because I was the negotiator for a company of 1200 employees, and got myself a sweet deal in the process.
                  It's all "grandfathered", so even during that phase where there was no "unlimited data", I had unlimited data.

When I see new ads for competitors, I check them out, but all in all, my deal with AT&T beats those prices. And once I terminate, that deal is never available again.

HOWEVER, every once in a while I call "customer retention" at AT&T, threatening to jump ship, and they sweeten the deal even more.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I still have AT&T, but it's because I was the negotiator for a company of 1200 employees, and got myself a sweet deal in the process.
                    It's all "grandfathered", so even during that phase where there was no "unlimited data", I had unlimited data.

When I see new ads for competitors, I check them out, but all in all, my deal with AT&T beats those prices. And once I terminate, that deal is never available again.

HOWEVER, every once in a while I call "customer retention" at AT&T, threatening to jump ship, and they sweeten the deal even more.
                    Luck of the draw. I'm glad it's working out for you.

Several people I've spoken to tell me they've never had trouble with AT&T. That's how I am with Suddenlink; never a problem (although I understand others say differently). I can only go by my experience with any company, and it has been quite rotten with AT&T..

Comment

When we were moving cross country, we set up with AT&T before moving. Their agent mailed the equipment to our old address, and it arrived after we left. The company then refused to honor our deal; we tried going into the local AT&T store to see if they would help, which they didn't. We then went straight to Spectrum, who will buy out your old contracts up to $400, and have been with them since.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        I was an Civil Engineering designer. There is usually a utility easement 5 - 10 feet from the street into your property that allows them to put in utilities without your permission. Encroaching into this easement by you with say a fence, or blocking it with a vehicle is technically illegal. The company can take down your fence or tow your vehicle with no repercussions. You are lucky they backed down. They may have just bored under your property instead of trenching and ran it anyway.
                        Check the deed to your property. Usually there is a clause such as "subject to any and all easements and restrictions of record," or "subject to all taxes and other assessments, reservations in patents, and all easements, rights of way, encumbrances, liens, covenants, conditions, reservations, restrictions, obligations, exceptions and liabilities, recorded or unrecorded."
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I forgot to add that they require Amazon Fire Stick. I don't believe they will work with Roku on your TV.
                          I do have one Amazon fire tv (built into the tv) I wonder if they would work on it? How do you install them?

Comment

I do have one Amazon fire tv (built into the tv) I wonder if they would work on it? How do you install them?
                            I installed mine using this website. https://www.firesticktricks.com/nova-tv.html

This is for Nova, which I recommend ahead of Cinema for older TV shows and movies. Cinema might have more streams for the newer stuff.

Comment