Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Consequences of Erudite Vernacular Utilized Irrespective of Necessity:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of the story I've told several times here...

I was having breakfast in the Texan Diner when I heard some little ol' blue hair ladies at the table next to ours, talking about their Sunday School teacher.

Long short, they were marveling at how smart he was.

One of them gushed, "why', he's so smart, he can talk for a whole hour, and I don't understand a single thing he said!"

I groaned out loud --- he was obviously NOT teaching or communicating - he was bloviating.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Reminds me of the story I've told several times here...

I was having breakfast in the Texan Diner when I heard some little ol' blue hair ladies at the table next to ours, talking about their Sunday School teacher.

Long short, they were marveling at how smart he was.

One of them gushed, "why', he's so smart, he can talk for a whole hour, and I don't understand a single thing he said!"

I groaned out loud --- he was obviously NOT teaching or communicating - he was bloviating.
      That reminds me of an interview of California Governor Jerry Brown back in the 1970s. Brown rambled about something and I thought he simply said something that had gone over my head.

The interviewer, Bill Stout, said something like "What hogwash. Stop doubletalking and answer the question." I nearly fell out of my chair. Stout was no dummy and he wasn't going to let Brown get away with it. Brown still doubletalked and Stout just rolled his eyes and moved on to the next question.

That really stuck with me. I had respect for Stout after that, even though he was something of a Leftist.

Comment

I've always liked the word, "interlocutor." Maybe because it reminds me of "Locutus of Borg."

I enjoy juxtaposing polysyllabic, sometimes obscure verbiage with the most mundane of plain speech, occasionally intermingling with silly neologisms of my own creatification.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Normally we have to translate your various "Arrrs" to figure out what you mean. Fortunately that's easier than it sound since 90% mean "bacon" and 5% mean "rum."
          Yarr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yarr.
            You should have your mouth washed out with soap! I'm reporting you!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps, inscribing posts utilizing obscure words avails them to obnubilate their own incognizance as readers will be too diligent endeavoring to decipher their lexicon to descry the lack of genuine cognizance.

Comment

Perhaps, inscribing posts utilizing obscure words avails them to obnubilate their own incognizance as readers will be too diligent endeavoring to decipher their lexicon to descry the lack of genuine cognizance.
                Oh

Comment

You should have your mouth washed out with soap! I'm reporting you!!!

He clearly said "more bacon!"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He clearly said "more bacon!"
                    No, the emPHAsis was clearly on the SECond r.

Comment

I blame my cheap staticky headphones.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I blame my cheap staticky headphones.
                        Their clogged up with bacon grease again, eh?

(see what I did they're?)

Comment

Linguistic fluency is paramount in the coherent transmission of vernacular expressions.

Comment

Narrr.

Comment

Linguistic fluency is paramount in the coherent transmission of vernacular expressions.
                              Yeah, so SPEEK Splain!

Comment

Narrr.
                                I accept your humble and most heart-felt apology.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X