Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Slow cooking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    No roux?
    Wasn't sure if I'd have to explain that, but, yeah.

I mean, no - yes roux.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    No roux?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Beef broth for chicken? Interesting.
    Actually, you can use chicken broth instead, but the sausage is in there, and the chicken is grilled, and the Cajun seasoning kinda thickens things up.

What's EVOO?
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Beef broth for chicken? Interesting. What's EVOO?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    My chicken sausage gumbo - make a base using sauted onion - lots of them - in butter and EVOO, then put that in the crock pot with some beef stock and a package of Cajun seasoning. Grill some chicken breasts and some sausage, cut them up in bite-sized pieces, and dump those in the crock pot. Quarter some small new potatoes or red skin potatoes, and let that slow cook all day.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I like to saute my onions to translucent, then dump them in the crock pot with, maybe, some beef broth. Brown a piece of roast (WOW, has that gotten expensive, so maybe a small piece) in the same frying pan as you saute'd the onion, then chop up (not too finely) carrots, celery, potato and let the thing cook all day.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Ham. Take a small shank (precooked is best but not essential) and place it in crock. Pour in one can regular Coke. Cover, set to low and come back in a four hours or more.

Leave a comment:

• fm93
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
    I love slow cooked meals. What are some good ones I and other T-webbers could try?
    There are many, many wonderful ideas and recipes out there. You can't fail with any of them. But that said, the correct answer is pot roast.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Pretty much anything thrown into a crock pot and allowed sufficient time.

Leave a comment:

• T-Shirt Ninja
    started a topic Slow cooking!

Slow cooking!

I love slow cooked meals. What are some good ones I and other T-webbers could try?