Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The tweb recipe thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    So how'd it turn out?
    Didn't try it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• I am now trying to make something I miss from Germany, German Bread (Mischbrot)

German bread is a type of sourdough rye bread and I really miss it. I found a recipe online and I am currently making the sourdough starter and will try my hand at making it this weekend.

https://mygerman.recipes/german-rye-...ugh-mischbrot/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I am now trying to make something I miss from Germany, German Bread (Mischbrot)

German bread is a type of sourdough rye bread and I really miss it. I found a recipe online and I am currently making the sourdough starter and will try my hand at making it this weekend.

https://mygerman.recipes/german-rye-...ugh-mischbrot/

That sounds awesome and delicious. Back when I was married, my wife and I would make all sorts of bread. My favorite was Ezekiel bread. We also had a grain grinder and would grind our own grain.

Why were you in Germany? Military?

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

That sounds awesome and delicious. Back when I was married, my wife and I would make all sorts of bread. My favorite was Ezekiel bread. We also had a grain grinder and would grind our own grain.

Why were you in Germany? Military?
          Dad was in the Army, married my mom over there (she's German), I was born there, and I have lived there off an on over the years growing up. Have a half sister and niece and nephew over there.

What's Ezekiel bread?

Comment

Dad was in the Army, married my mom over there (she's German), I was born there, and I have lived there off an on over the years growing up. Have a half sister and niece and nephew over there.

What's Ezekiel bread?
            The recipe is in the book of Ezekiel. It's a medley of various grains. Spelt, millet, barley, etc. It makes a hearty dense bread but really tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinist View Post

The recipe is in the book of Ezekiel. It's a medley of various grains. Spelt, millet, barley, etc. It makes a hearty dense bread but really tasty.
              Ezekiel 4:9 “Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels[b] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin[c] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.”

I think I will skip that.

Comment

Ezekiel 4:9 “Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels[b] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin[c] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.”

I think I will skip that.
                There are actual recipes online that don't use excrement for fuel.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

There are actual recipes online that don't use excrement for fuel.
                  Then it ain't Ezekiel bread! Although God did relent and allow him to use cow dung instead.

Comment

• Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment