Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Ever had salmon fish and chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had salmon fish and chips?

The Girl's Daddy made them for supper last night. I was skeptical.

But the fish was absolutely fabulous! He had such a crispy batter, and the meat was cooked perfectly! Yum!

I am sold now on salmon fish and chips!
    Last edited by mossrose; 05-18-2022, 01:34 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    The Girl's Daddy made them for supper last night. I was skeptical.

But the fish was absolutely fabulous! He had such a crispy batter, and the meat was cooked perfectly! Yum!

I am sold now on salmon fish and chips!
    Is this advertising? You sound like one of those celebrities being paid to endorse some product.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-18-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Fish is fish....right?
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Fish and chips is normally a white fish, such as halibut or cod or pollack. Usually not a really fatty fish, like salmon. I had never heard of salmon deep fried before, let alone tasted it.

It really is very delicious, and I wondered if anybody had tried it.

And no, fish is not fish. I will NEVER eat catfish!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Fish and chips is normally a white fish, such as halibut or cod or pollack. Usually not a really fatty fish, like salmon. I had never heard of salmon deep fried before, let alone tasted it.

It really is very delicious, and I wondered if anybody had tried it.

And no, fish is not fish. I will NEVER eat catfish!
          Unless someone feeds you some without telling you that it is catfish

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Unless someone feeds you some without telling you that it is catfish
            Well, I knew this was salmon!

Comment

We have a Long John Silver here. I may see if they have fried salmon...
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Hmmmm... I had COD fish and chips tonight, but ... Salmon, eh?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  Fish is fish....right?

But it's funny... when fish is not good, you say "it tastes fishy".

When BEEF is not good, we don't say "it tastes beefy".

Some fish just has a gamier taste than others --- the ones Moss mentioned are some of the milder white fishes.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yeah, what's next trout and chips? Notice I wrote trout not Trout.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He cut the salmon in sort of fingers, not huge pieces. The flesh was moist and not too "salmony", if you know what I mean. He used cornstarch in the batter and it helped to make it really crispy.

He wouldn't give me his exact recipe.

Comment

But it's funny... when fish is not good, you say "it tastes fishy".

When BEEF is not good, we don't say "it tastes beefy".

Some fish just has a gamier taste than others --- the ones Moss mentioned are some of the milder white fishes.
                        I think it has something to do with some sort of oil that so-called white fish only have in their liver rather than in varios organs. One of my favorite less fishy tasting fish is mahi mahi.

Comment

He cut the salmon in sort of fingers, not huge pieces. The flesh was moist and not too "salmony", if you know what I mean. He used cornstarch in the batter and it helped to make it really crispy.

He wouldn't give me his exact recipe.

Part of it you didn't see was after cutting the salmon in sort of "fingers" replace with catfish when mossy isn't looking. Then quickly cover with batter so that she doesn't see anything to get her suspicious.

The final part is snicker quietly to yourself as mossy comments about how good the "salmon" tastes.

Comment

I love salmon, although I prefer it raw.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Part of it you didn't see was after cutting the salmon in sort of "fingers" replace with catfish when mossy isn't looking. Then quickly cover with batter so that she doesn't see anything to get her suspicious.

The final part is snicker quietly to yourself as mossy comments about how good the "salmon" tastes.
                              Doesn't catfish have white flesh? This was pink. And SMELLED like salmon!

Comment