Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Walmart Weasels out of Savings Catcher

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walmart Weasels out of Savings Catcher

    Walmart had a really neat app that let you put your sales receipt in, and it would automatically scan for competing prices, and reward you the difference - the "Savings Catcher".

    I guess since they did their minimum wage increase*, they've had to find other places to cut back....



    Dear Customer,

    Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

    Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

    For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

    Sincerely,
    Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team



    In other words, we're STILL doing this, but not on items where you might actually get any reward.





    *being somewhat facetious here
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    You trusted the app to tell you the truth in the first place?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You trusted the app to tell you the truth in the first place?
      Stop talking about my wife that way!!!!
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Try Publix ..

        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


        "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

        My Personal Blog

        My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Walmart had a really neat app that let you put your sales receipt in, and it would automatically scan for competing prices, and reward you the difference - the "Savings Catcher".

          I guess since they did their minimum wage increase*, they've had to find other places to cut back....



          Dear Customer,

          Thank you for using Savings Catcher. We wanted to share with you an update on some changes to the program. Beginning February 14, 2015, we are removing some departments consisting mostly of items that do not have a like for like match at other retailers, such as produce and bakery items. Additionally, we are limiting our comparisons to offers of other mass market retailers, grocery and dollar stores, removing comparisons with drug stores.

          Thanks again for using Savings Catcher and shopping with us. We are dedicated to providing customers like you with Everyday Low Prices. It's a mission we're proud of and we'll continue to work hard to deliver for you.

          For details on these and other changes, please visit our Terms of Use or FAQs.

          Sincerely,
          Your Walmart Savings Catcher Team



          In other words, we're STILL doing this, but not on items where you might actually get any reward.





          *being somewhat facetious here
          Sounds like they're all but telling you to go to drug stores for a better deal.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Try Publix ..
            I usually get better deals at Krogers

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah but Publix has a great coupon policy.

              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


              "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

              My Personal Blog

              My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

              Comment


              • #8
                CP lives in Texas though, and I have never seen a Publix in Texas. There are a few Kroger stores hanging on in east Texas but I'm not sure if there are any in CP's area. There are few or no Albertson's left, as well. In Texas, HEB has pretty much either wiped out their competitors or is working on it. Walmart and Target are the only two grocery retailers in the state that I don't see backing off any time soon, but that is mainly because they are established sources of other stuff that HEB has only relatively recently started selling (like electronics, toys, and housewares).
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Um, what's an HEB? I lived in NM for four years but don't recall seeing one on the trip.

                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                  "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                  My Personal Blog

                  My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Kroger is still pretty strong here in North Texas with stores in cities of around 25k and above. HEB is pretty much a Central to Southern Texas store. I think the farthest north HEB store I can recall is...Waco?
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                    "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      CP lives in Texas though, and I have never seen a Publix in Texas.
                      Never heard of Publix.

                      There are a few Kroger stores hanging on in east Texas but I'm not sure if there are any in CP's area.
                      Kroger is pretty common in the Houston area, for sure. There's one withing 8 miles of my house, and I live out in the boonies.

                      There are few or no Albertson's left, as well. In Texas,
                      Yeah, last Albertson's I saw, I think, was in Tyler. MAYBE there was one in College Station a while back, but - yeah, pretty much gone.

                      HEB has pretty much either wiped out their competitors or is working on it.
                      HEB is still pretty strong where I live.

                      Walmart and Target are the only two grocery retailers in the state that I don't see backing off any time soon, but that is mainly because they are established sources of other stuff that HEB has only relatively recently started selling (like electronics, toys, and housewares).
                      Target actually seems to be making a comeback.
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Never heard of Publix.



                        Kroger is pretty common in the Houston area, for sure. There's one withing 8 miles of my house, and I live out in the boonies.



                        Yeah, last Albertson's I saw, I think, was in Tyler. MAYBE there was one in College Station a while back, but - yeah, pretty much gone.



                        HEB is still pretty strong where I live.



                        Target actually seems to be making a comeback.
                        Albertson's is still pretty strong in North Texas (Dallas) Area.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                        "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          Kroger is still pretty strong here in North Texas with stores in cities of around 25k and above. HEB is pretty much a Central to Southern Texas store. I think the farthest north HEB store I can recall is...Waco?
                          Accurate. Kroger and Winco (which is new in my particular area of North Texas) were our go-tos. Now at school I've got HEB and I guess there's Aldi if I get desperate?

                          Source: I lived in North Texas and now live in Waco.

                          "Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen


                          Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Um, what's an HEB? I lived in NM for four years but don't recall seeing one on the trip.
                            As far as I know, HEB only has stores in Texas and Mexico... so far.
                            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                              Accurate. Kroger and Winco (which is new in my particular area of North Texas) were our go-tos. Now at school I've got HEB and I guess there's Aldi if I get desperate?

                              Source: I lived in North Texas and now live in Waco.
                              I had no idea there were Aldi stores in the US. I saw their ads in England but didn't shop there.
                              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by The Melody Maker, 11-19-2020, 11:12 AM
                              46 responses
                              165 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X